Second Skin Audio

Windows up subs unload, windows down subs fine

bman8891

no the box is all one piece and it's bolted to the floor which is carpeted I think the problem is lack of port area just curious what others experiences were with cabin pressure window configurations and unloading

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

I would say the problem is either the port placement (aimed at subs, possibly creating a t-line like effect) or the center of the box isnt bolted down and is hitting the floor.

Nice box idea though, might have to borrow the basic concept for my new truck ; )

edit - also possible that with windows up you're creating more localized pressure near the port and its making the door flop.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I'd like to see impedance curves with the windows both up and down.

I bet the sealed cabin (windows up) are causing greater internal cabin pressure and increasing the impedance over driving the subs.

I also believed that Michael Jackson never had sexual relations with those boys, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Archived