What would do first

I have a Chevy cobalt with a stock 115 amp alt. my sound system consists of a 2200 watt sub amp and a 90x4 mid/ highs amp. Right now I have a stock battery in but I am replacing it with a xs power d4700 that will fit in the stock location just ordered it and should be here Monday but I might have to wait till Xmas to install it. Gift from wife. Big three is done in 1/0 ofc. My question is what you guys would do first to help keep the voltages little stiffer?

get a second amg battery or get a bigger alt.

the battery I would get is a 120ah and the alt would be 240amp. The price between the two is less than $100 difference. So the price isn't gonna effect the choice. My concern is what would be more effective in a stronger voltage.

I would alt. I had multiple batterys on stock alt and wasnt until i got a Singer 220 amp that i got a good electrical system going. Keeping battery charging is 1st in my book now, then more battery's if needed. Sound like your on the right path.

alt, battery with stock alt if at 1k or less rms total but getting above 1500 to 2k rms and you need an alt imo.

batteries store power alts create it. with out supply the battery has nothing to store.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived