Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

Scooter99 your point is TRUE

I already planned on running sundown equipment, amp and SA subs. But.... i had the quantum 15's already "buying blind" with out research and i had $160 in my "play" money account. Because i had the subs i bought the rockville out of impulse, certified it did 1268 watts @ 1 ohm and uncertifed 1523 watts @1 ohm on the dyno. Instead of saving the $160 and adding to fund my sundown equipment i wanted bass now lol. When i start my savings back up for my sundown stuff i will pull out those two 15's and rockville amp and sell them for $250 as a package deal. There NOT the best but its better than my factory 5.25 door speakers. And im sure some young high school kid would love to have my set up and LEARN from it like i am. Im not disappointed in my purchase at all, amp works good for what needs to do. I will post pics tommorrow on the install . Took 4 hours of rewiring the truck to mount the amp under center seat of my 2nd gen dodge with new 2 ga royal excellence welding wire. Took my time and used copper lug terminals and solder them...

Before i get knocked for saying im gonna sell to a high school kid, its not a target towards them. Just though a high school kid would enjoy a deal on some starter equipment to get him interested in the audio world and have money left over for their date or what ever and still be able to enjoy some boom until they can get better stuff. Id sell this to anyone intetested in buying, not untill i get my sundown equipment though. Im not jealous of other peoples higher 5k++++ set up im proud of what i have cuz its mine and i earned it cuz i chose to buy it or i accidently bought it, either way it works :)

• 2 weeks later...

why is someone with one post trolling and saying he blew the amp in 2 minutes?

reminds me of when the pre workout supplement jacke3d hit the store shelves it was so much

better than everyone elses product they had people trolling forums saying they failed

drug tests and violated probation and stuff, I believed it to until someone pointed out

its always people with one or two posts that make claims like that, really got me thinking

how jankey some peeps can be. straight cray.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Just installed the amp and played it for maybe 2 min and now I can't get it to do anything no protection light nothing . Getting 13.5 to the amp but when I Check the actual power of the amp " volts " I get 6. Something. Wtf?

With ur vehical off try pulling ur amp fuse out at the battery and plug it back in. U might have a bad ground or loose power connection ? Ive been pounding the hell outta my rockville M4 listening to dj slow and throw, decaf and other modified music and the amp is barely warm. I was at an empty park and played fulled tilt on a modified song by DJSNT on repeat for like 5 minutes trying to get the amp to get hot. Im running at .8 ohm (amp prolly sees a one ohm load tho) and my gain less than half turned up with my HU sub output at 0 and it thumps. Its not high SQ but its better than nothing, it works.......

Please explain the relevance of your gain not even being 1/2 up.

Ive seen Some people turn their gain up 3/4 or more and at volume 10 outta say 35 it super loud and just clips the shit out of the sub and the amp goes into protect mode, im sure u have heard of someone making an amp clip causing it to to go into protection mode ? If he didnt properly tune the amp it might be clipping and turning off trying to protect itself. There is plenty of people that truley dont know how to tune an amp to match the output of the sub if they dont have the proper tools such as a DD1 or oscope, it can be dont with a DMM to get you in the ball park....

Archived