little update, not getting stuff done with the car as i work at sea so im gone until february now. But ive bought some toys for me to play with when i get home. When i get home i need to hook up the 4channel amp for the back and tweets in the front and try to get the bit one working. For some reason it will no longer turn on, tried turning it on with the drc and with remote lead but nothing seems to work. posting some pics of the toys i bough, hoping to expand the collection with time, and would love if someone could recommend a good budget router lift.

qNWpDEQ.png

WBiy2Qw.jpg

CD7jtmF.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just got home and got a little work done, sealed of the box and waiting for it to dry, its currently 0 to -5celcius outside so its going to take som time to dry but hopefully i will be able to do some proper testing tomorrow.

ZAelJRz.jpgfv5iBIM.jpgso when its dry i can start to tidy up some cables and start working on some beauty panels to hide most of it, thinking about putting the dsp and 4 channel amp aswell on top of the box and add some vents to the panel that will be at the back of the box and add a fan for input and exhaust since the 2channel for the frontstage gets quite toasty.

okay i fucked up... did not even get to break them properly in and played a song that was BAD for them, just rip them to pieces without even getting hot or smelly... i was playing a song with a sweeping bass going upwards in hz and everything seemed fine until i turned it down, then the smell hit me like a wall and after 5 seconds smoke came... they were still sounding totally normal and not hot even though they were smoking. so i waited and went to eat and when we were done eating i tried it and the coil is totally broken and loose threads on one of the subs and the other one just scrapes really bad. SOO thats bad news, but good news is that there will be an upgrade then :spiteful: talking to b2 audio about getting me some custom built 12s with xm motor, they have made 4 of these earlier as ive seen but thats it i believe. so hopefully i will have these is march and ready for testing, will take it abit easier on them... but again that 4inch coil on those monster will be able to handle the 5kw to each sub much better than the 3inch on the hn12v2's
heres a picture of the old subs and the new for comparison
YmDSWGl.jpg

kugGyKA.jpg

That's sad.

Do you know what went wrong ? Box ? Dirty signal ?

You should know if you don't want it to happen with the new subs.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

That's sad.

Probably a mix of both, the song was quite high Hz on the peaks and since the box is tuned so low at 32Hz and quite small there is not alot of resistance for them at that high frequenzy... That and a headunit that might not give out a totally clean signal when cranked quite high, figured out the fault with the bit one so that will be going in the car with the New subs. Then my plan is Probably to bypass the headunit alltogether, Just going optical right into the bit one and volume controll on the drc. B2 recomend me to tune abit higher for the xm's so i will have more controll over them at the amount of power im pumping out to them. So Probably a New box aswell as New subs

That's sad.

Probably a mix of both, the song was quite high Hz on the peaks and since the box is tuned so low at 32Hz and quite small there is not alot of resistance for them at that high frequenzy... That and a headunit that might not give out a totally clean signal when cranked quite high, figured out the fault with the bit one so that will be going in the car with the New subs. Then my plan is Probably to bypass the headunit alltogether, Just going optical right into the bit one and volume control on the drc. B2 recomend me to tune abit higher for the xm's so i will have more control over them at the amount of power im pumping out. So Probably a New box aswell as New subs

okay i got the subs out and actually only one of them is broken, i started playing on one of them first and the last sub only had about a week of playtime on it and that's the one that fucked up, so probably a combination of the reasons above and cranking it to much to early since the other sub is totally fine, not even a mark on the coil. pics of both below

QtPIARD.jpggvcPf1b.jpg

Archived