Second Skin Audio

Fi n2 12's 4th order huuuge

noser7

So its better to have moreport than not Enough

Yes, much better.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

So its better to have moreport than not Enough

Always, yes. In a 4th BP, you CAN'T truly have too much. Yes, guys can gain when they start chopping port, but other things are changing when they do this usually. Like tuning, loading characteristics of the subs in the ported chamber(depending on sub orientation in the box), etc.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

ehhhh its all a trial an error... i did two 15s with 120 sq tuned to 42 hz inches of port area then did 180 sq inches tuned to 42hz... dint gain a db in my peak ... lost in on some frequencys only think i did gain was my subs dint heat up ass fast.. and my ports where external so it dint change box volume...

ehhhh its all a trial an error... i did two 15s with 120 sq tuned to 42 hz inches of port area then did 180 sq inches tuned to 42hz... dint gain a db in my peak ... lost in on some frequencys only think i did gain was my subs dint heat up ass fast.. and my ports where external so it dint change box volume...

What kind of subs what ratio? How much power?

You went from one extreme to the other....

It is not all trial and error.... You can get a pretty good box on the first shot....

If your chasing numbers yes tour changing box alot but some people just want some decent bass..... Not rocket science here

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

What kind of subs what ratio? How much power?

You went from one extreme to the other....

It is not all trial and error.... You can get a pretty good box on the first shot....

If your chasing numbers yes tour changing box alot but some people just want some decent bass..... Not rocket science here

two sundown z4 15's with upgraded coils 4 cubes sealed 8 ported on a crossfire 8k 1 ohm.. i cant speak for everyone,but your right some people do get a box right at the first time and dont have to mess with it ever again... then there are some people like me that are newbie's just experimenting,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived