Second Skin Audio

15" subs recommend

Bayuk89

I'm running some lower quality 15" subs right now. For now they work and I'm happy, when I get more money or they blow I wanna do a complete new build. I wanna run three or four 15" subs in my dodge truck. I'm, looking at $200 and under per sub (will buy and match amp to new build) I want SPL nose tickling bass. I figure around alpine R series and such brands I can have that plus decent quality. What's a decent 15" in the area of $200 and under ?

I have a 99 second gen "quad cab" dodge. The back seat is removed and the entire back is dedicated for my build. Currently the back has two 15" subs. Box is 49" long, 19" tall and 17" deep. Before sub and port displacement it's about 7 ft. Ported using 6 in PVC X 16 tuned to a about 32-33 hz. Subs fire towards front of cab ports fire towards roof. I have room to make four 15's fit if I wall them.

Tomorrow I can use a tape measure and measure entire back area but even with my current build my box is still inches from my back window, so in theory building tall I can do four 15's but I think being able to run a ported box might be the real space question. I think I can run 3 subs firing forward and ports up. with my rear area building three 15" subs in a ported box pushing 3k true RMS with quality equipment I will be happy with the space I have to work with until I get an SUV to build into if I go that route.

sundown sa 15

I don't know why but I have an infatuation for sundown equipment, i guess it's all the youtube videos I've seen of the products lol so many companies to choose from.

I heard something of sound qube subs "basiclly" being DD little brother subs ? How accurate is this ?

Yes 4 flat wouldn't fitted I know for sure lol, 3 maybe. How is your guys opinion on the sound stream "trantula" line of subwoofers ? My neighbor is running 3 sound qubed subs in his ford. He said for the $$ it was a good choice to run them in his build, they are the HDC line from sound qube

Archived