2 sets or 1 components

07chevy

Thanks what power are y'all pushing to your components.

150 wpc to a 5.25" passive component set.

Iv been looking at the nvx and a JL amp those were both 4 channel not sure I'll need that only running two sets.

2 sets ?? Why ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

It's all good bro, was just asking.

If you run a single 2 way passive component set, you only need two channels of amplification.

I would def. run a passive setup before trying active. Train your ears for the sound you want.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

So I'm trying to refresh my brain. I never really got to deep into how running things active worked. But would I be better off getting a 4 channel so that's an option in the future? I have a budget around 200.00 for components so what iv seen a 90x 4@2 ohms would cover most speakers I'm seeing for that price range obviously not utilizing two channels until possibly running active if I am understanding it correctly.

Personally, I do not run 4 channel amplifiers.

If you don't have a fairly firm grasp of running active, good idea to stray away and keep passive.

Personally, I don't have a HUGE understanding, but I figured it out enough to make my setup sound good, to me. Do listen to White Lightning, guy is one of THE SQ truck guys. Anything he says is from tried and true experience, and his awards show it.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived