2 sets or 1 components

07chevy

Hey, joined the forum to pick a few brains to steer my build in the right direction.

Vehicle -07 new body style silverado reg cab

Options - A.1 set components in door and tweeter on pillar by windshield the other woofer behind my head in stock location and tweeter beside the other one on the windshield pillar.

B. 1 set. Components as above and a plate style or coaxial behind my head in stock location.

Plan to run infinity ref- kappa for both. I am also trying to run 2 shallow mount sundown 12s behind the seat. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The final choice is ultimately up to you. The best thing you can do is to do exactly what YOU WANT to do and not what me or someone else suggests to do, we all have to make a decision on what gear to get and the amount needed and where to put it all at, but it is something you'll need to do to find what really works out best for this situation. Start with something and learn and move on from there, once you have a start you'll learn pretty quick on where you want to take things.

Most importantly is to not over think things as you'll only complicate something that can be done simply.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Before you mount any speakers behind your head, I'd start by mocking them up in that location to see if you like the sound. You may like the way it sounds with OEM speakers, but using aftermarket that are more sensitive with more power may not be the same. Just a thought.

The location behind my head is the factory location high up on the pillar. I was worried the components will not keep up with the subs I guess that's why I was thinking two sets. But if so I could omit the speakers behind my head and free the money up for a better set of components. Other the. Infinity kappa any other sets I should look at. I ran a set of ref series in a blazer a long time ago and liked them that's the only reason I'm thinking infinity kappas

Thanks for the suggestions

I would start with 1 set of good comps in the doors and mount the tweeter where it sounds best. You can always add kick panels down the line if you think the 1 set isnt keeping up. Usually 1 set will with the right install, power and tuning.

If you plan to run a sub (or 2) behind the rear seat, you will have no need for rear drivers in a single cab truck.

I'd start out with a good 6.5" driver in each door with a tweeter on the sail panels and tune from there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If you plan to run a sub (or 2) behind the rear seat, you will have no need for rear drivers in a single cab truck.

I'd start out with a good 6.5" driver in each door with a tweeter on the sail panels and tune from there ...

Word..I have quad cab.hybrid 6.5 in doors tweeter in pillars more than enough.I disconnected back doors..plus mids by your head will suck.

Archived