any experience with Powermax Alternators

I wonder what the bottom line cost of a HO alt really is and the markup.... for the most part a stock new not rebuilt motorcraft 130amp 3G is already overpriced and I am sure that helps the pricing on the HO builds..... and does any HO brands offer any worthwhile limited lifetime warrenty....

yeah that markup on motorcraft is crazy. The dealer quoted me more than it cost for my mechman

I work at a motorcraft distributor,

I pay less than the dealers pay for parts.

I can tell you they aren't marking it up as much as you think they are I get to see what we sell it for and the dealer list price and they don't make a killing on any of it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I wonder what the bottom line cost of a HO alt really is and the markup.... for the most part a stock new not rebuilt motorcraft 130amp 3G is already overpriced and I am sure that helps the pricing on the HO builds..... and does any HO brands offer any worthwhile limited lifetime warrenty....

That's impossible to answer, every companies cost will be different.

Some guys have next to no overhead and others have a huge overhead cost.

The bigger guys would also pay less for parts since they do more volume.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Singer gives me a lifetime labor warranty. All I have to do is pay parts. But for the one failure I did have, he picked up the bill on the parts. All I had to do was pay to get it to him and the $40 he charged to paint it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I don't even see how I was a dick. Because I called something stupid stupid? Come on now, and I'm just getting back into this.

LMFFAO @ frozen eskimo

Its fine to disagree with me or my I logic thats not the issue, the issue is the manner in which you disagree. Its healthy to have normal civilized conversation with opposing views thats all fine and dandy, its different when it comes to throwing knifes. Thats all, is it fair to say that you would vote for Donald Trump if you were to vote? HA

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I bet the mark up is close to what subwoofers are. Do you think thats a fair assessment?

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

And that frozen Eskimo up there isn't being a dick. Take some posts as they are man.

I am going to disagree, if you had an opinion or a view and someone called it the dumbest fucking thing they have read you'd be like "oh thats cool bro, I totally respect the way you respond to my posts, talk however you want."

Pizza and beer, bro?

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

people can be harsh, id just get used to it. I actually like the input though. Since I joined the forum I may have spent more than I did previously but I've never had a bad amp/audio suggestion. the cost of a decent alt is probably higher than the selling price of most of this ebay junk. Id be surprised if there is more than a 50% markup on alts.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

people can be harsh, id just get used to it. I actually like the input though. Since I joined the forum I may have spent more than I did previously but I've never had a bad amp/audio suggestion. the cost of a decent alt is probably higher than the selling price of most of this ebay junk. Id be surprised if there is more than a 50% markup on alts.

Trust me I am used to it, i have been on here since 2009, However being used to it and accepting it are two different things.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

You sound like you can't comprehend that businesses are in business to make money not break even.

No one is forcing you to spend money on their products so if you think something is overpriced don't fucking buy it, it really is that simple.

What do you think the markup is on a cheap piece of garbage like an audiopipe?

Bet it's not too different from the markup on an amp built from high quality parts.

Archived