Second Skin Audio

Air gap issue

Lakeshow94

is there a new router that you would recommend that is not too expensive? I prefer to only buy tools new. I don't mind spending a bit for a tool I might end up using more in the future.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I use my woodworking tools a LOT so I'm kind of a "buy once, cry once" kind of person. I've been through three different routers and this one is the best for the money IMHO: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1617EVS-2-1-Variable-Speed-Router/dp/B00004TKHV/

If you don't want to spend that much, there are some routers on amazon for under $100 that get pretty good reviews (a Black & Decker for example), but I don't have any experience with them.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

is there a new router that you would recommend that is not too expensive? I prefer to only buy tools new. I don't mind spending a bit for a tool I might end up using more in the future.

its often not recomended but if you have a 20% off coupon and in a pinch you can score one from harbor freight for about $45... the bits will cost you... I bought my craftsman for like $85 on sale and it has worked flawless for years.... bits are expensive so I have been putting name brand ones together slowly with ebay auctions

Even with a router there's nothing to say you won't mess up the cutout at all. mark around the sub where you need it cut back and take it slow using a sweeping motion

How did this issue go unnoticed when you were picking up/paying for said box?

Its an easy mistake to make, especially since the manufacturer's published outside diameter spec is often wrong (at least that's been my experience). Unless you dropped the subs in when you picked up the box, you wouldn't know.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Yeah it's one of many reasons why I really prefer to have the subs on hand when I build a box.

Builds:

It was mainly an issue of distance. I should of brought a sub to drop in when I picked it up though. What were some of your ideas/what bits should I get to try them?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived