Second Skin Audio

Need help with 4th order enclosure for 3 8" subs

Jhensley209

Looking for useful information. Anyone?

The most useful information I can give you is don't try to use those subs in a fourth order bandpass box. They will not work well and its highly unlikely you will like the results.

If you are determined to do it anyway, a slot port with 50 sq in or port area would be appropriate. Just how long it will need to be depends on where you want to tune to (like Joe X said, 35 Hz is not a good choice), and how the port is implemented in the box (number of common walls).

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Alright well I already have them in a good ported box now I just wanted to experiment a little with a different box and if your saying a bandpass won't work then what about a Tline?

They should work well in a T-line. Though T-lines and ported boxes are really just different ways of accomplishing the same goal. It might be a fun experiment for ya, if you have the space.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived