Pioneerchuck Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 Been a while since Ive been on. Was hoping someone could give me an idea on what the going price is for a blown AQ 3500 v2. It powers on but straight to protect. No noticeable problems. Was quoted for $250 for the repair at the most. Any help is appreciated.
RainStryke Posted January 5, 2016 Report Posted January 5, 2016 I've seen used ones sell for $350-400. You might be able to get $150 for it as is... Also depends on how long you had it running before it gave out.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 5, 2016 Report Posted January 5, 2016 I'll pay $2.50 That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
reedal Posted January 5, 2016 Report Posted January 5, 2016 How much do you feel is fair just out of curiosity? SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
afrakes Posted January 5, 2016 Report Posted January 5, 2016 As it stands I wouldn't pay more than $120. You just never know when buying blown equipment. If I were you I'd get it repaired, I see used go for $300 all day, most go for more though as mentioned. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Pioneerchuck Posted January 19, 2016 Author Report Posted January 19, 2016 Idk, the market has pretty much dropped for amps lately. I remember when amps actually held value. Now everyone is selling these 3500/4500s for $500 or less and that's fully functional. But I was thinking $200 for it blown. Assuming the repair would cost $300. But I couldn't get any bites for it as a blown amp so I went ahead and sent it to Roger Stone for repair. He should have it diagnosed in a couple days so we will see.
reedal Posted January 19, 2016 Report Posted January 19, 2016 I'd have thrown you $150 shipped for sure. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Pioneerchuck Posted January 19, 2016 Author Report Posted January 19, 2016 I'd have thrown you $150 shipped for sure. Ehh it was just easier to get this one fixed than buying a new one.
reedal Posted January 20, 2016 Report Posted January 20, 2016 I know it. If you decide not to once you find out what's wrong let me know and maybe we can work something out. That's the exact same board as my 3500 just with the AQ logo instead of the SQ'd. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Pioneerchuck Posted January 23, 2016 Author Report Posted January 23, 2016 Lol it had 8 blown FETs so he replaced all of them, a loose RCA, and a bad power LED so he's got most of it fixed already. Only cost $225 total so Im pretty excited about it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.