Rockville M-4 At .5 ohm (no joke)

ShadeTreeMechanic

I think you are fine with the bi amped bass, I was just making sure you didnt have subs of different sizes playing the same notes, all sorts of phase issues are going to happen if that was the case. I think the biamped concept is pretty cool.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I think you are fine with the bi amped bass, I was just making sure you didnt have subs of different sizes playing the same notes, all sorts of phase issues are going to happen if that was the case. I think the biamped concept is pretty cool.

Thanks. This is a good point. I have heard the same thing about different sizes playing same notes and normally i would have biamp. But i wanted to hear the 10s real quick so i hooked them to the 4001D along with 2 15s. All sealed boxes all loading off the back window and tailgate. It had enough power to move my hair and tickle my nose with a kick drum and sounded good. Not full of distortion or any funny noises so i dont know if there was any issue with standing waves or anything. Maybe time delay would be needed if the subs were in a different location or 10s pointing forward and 15s back? The cones are not hurt or anything but i only ran it like that for about a week or two while i was waiting on the soundcubed to arrive. I have also heard that its bad to mix ported boxes with sealed boxes but i dont know why. I figure if they are all loading off the back in a single wave it would be ok? My plan is to biamp and cross them over different anyway. The ports on the HDS315s are tuned to 34hz or resonate at 34hz and the 10s peak at 60hz with a F3 of 45hz so im going to try crossing over at 50Hz and go from there.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

you will need a bandpass filter for the 10' drivers and one thing to be cautious of, you have a ported box subwoofer with a sealed box subwoofer so there is going to be different slopes that you will have to battle.If you plan on running those 10" drivers that high up you could port the prefab boxes with short 4" pipe and get the same roll off

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Do both your sub amps have the same crossover slopes? Just curious about that.

Well i'm not sure. I think both amps have 12db/octave. I might give them some overlap so the make a bump in the middle. I will have to play with it for sure.

Pioneer 80PRS

you will need a bandpass filter for the 10' drivers and one thing to be cautious of, you have a ported box subwoofer with a sealed box subwoofer so there is going to be different slopes that you will have to battle.If you plan on running those 10" drivers that high up you could port the prefab boxes with short 4" pipe and get the same roll off

Good question. The ports on the 10s wouldn't have to be that big. Yeah the plan A is to try to use the subsonic at 50hz on the upper bass amp. Plan B is i have my eye on a 12 channel crossover that is setup for biamp bass. As far as the slopes of the separate systems, I hope to cross the 10s over above the 3db down point on the slope and maybe even overlap a little so there wont be a big dip or a big bump. It will take allot of listening to songs i know to get it evened out. The gains on the amps can be used for level matching also. I will start out with each one separately dialed up to max without distortion by ear. Then back one or the other off to even it out. It will take a while to get it spot on because the ear loses sensitivity after a few minuets of loud noise to preserve itself. So it will be crank it for a few minuets and stop, go do something else for an hour or so then come back for a few more minuets then stop and repeat until as good as i can get it that day. My neighbors are going to love me. The final setup will take weeks or months to find out what exactly does what. And that's the fun part.

Pioneer 80PRS

Het, it worked for EXO right? Right? Right?

I don't even know how that dude is taken seriously in the community.

P.S. I caught the subtlety of your comment ;) haha

I think it's his personality that keeps people watching, dude is a trip.

And I mean he's louder than a lot of people that talk shit about his lack of skills and knowledge so...........

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived