Second Skin Audio

Finding volume of fiberglass enclosure

mmacleod1983

building an underseat fiberglass enclosure.

I dont know an easy way to calculate the volume since its full of curves and dips etc.

It will be ported so im guessing it needs to be fairly close so i can find port size

Any easy ideas for this?

I was thinking fluid of some sort

this seems more logical

Packing peanuts should be accurate enough, fluids sound like a big mess but if you want to go down that road I hear water is easy to get.

If you want something that will flow into the space a little better than packing peanuts, buy a bag of pinto beans, no joke.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The way I do it is Just sum up cubes inside the enclosure until you don't have much space left in the enclosure... It's kinda hard to explain but it gets you close enough to get an accurate dimensions for the port dimensions.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

The way I do it is Just sum up cubes inside the enclosure until you don't have much space left in the enclosure... It's kinda hard to explain but it gets you close enough to get an accurate dimensions for the port dimensions.

Yeah i got fairly close that way and this was my original intention.

I still think beans or some small solid, is a much better option than fluids

build a box that is 1/8th of a cubic foot...grab your bathroom scale and head to the playground and fill it with those small rocks they sometimes use.... find out what 1/8cuft of rocks weigh then fill up the box and weigh that and do lots of math......there should be a conversion between the 2.... but try to get it done before you hear "stranger danger"

Archived