Second Skin Audio

looking for opinions on ported or 4th order

mike-g

I won a free ported enclosure from a local builder.i was thinking I'd have a 4th order built for my eclipse sw9122 12", are 4ths louder and just as low as a ported enclosure? Its only one 12 and powering it with 2 crossfire bmf1000 strapped, (maybe)in the trunk of a Buick park avenue.please and ty in advance

I've never heard a 4th order before, and I built a tline for this sub but its peaky around tunning by ear,the ported is free and the 4th us a 40$ charge which is nothing for a enclosure,

Go with the ported a properly built one can perform just as well if not better than a bandpass.

Also just gonna throw this out there but any enclosure tuned to a specific frequency is going to have a peak around tuning.....

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Any extra efficient enclosure is going to peak, a 4th bandpass will be loudest at 45-50Hz which is around what you need to tune them, it will work like sealed at lower frequency so not as efficient with those.

Big trunk, just get more drivers in and do ported and it can get louder and more musical than what you have.

Goddamn 4th order bandpass posts lately.

No, 4th orders do not get lower and louder than normal ported boxes.

thank you. like, geez lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived