Rage mode (ON) Deck install

Do you have a multimeter

If yes test your wires

If no abort mission and don't go trying to scavenge something and turn it into a hack job

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh and check your fuses first.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Did you buy a harness to install it or are you cutting wires?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ignition is controlled via CANBUS. So if you just cut the factory harness and are trying to rig it together OR you bought the little $10 harness, you're never going to get it to turn on. Axxess XSVI-6502 is made for your vehicle. It plugs into the factory harness and can read the CAN signal and convert it to a +12V ignition source for you.

And yes. BMW is every bit as annoying and then X10.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Ignition is controlled via CANBUS. So if you just cut the factory harness and are trying to rig it together OR you bought the little $10 harness, you're never going to get it to turn on. Axxess XSVI-6502 is made for your vehicle. It plugs into the factory harness and can read the CAN signal and convert it to a +12V ignition source for you.

And yes. BMW is every bit as annoying and then X10.

THIS ^ good luck, I used the PAC Radio Pro for my Dodge but even with the adapter its a PITA

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Really not trying to be a dick.... but if you guys think either of those vehicles are a PITA, you haven't installed that much.

Nope just the average joe trying to do it myself and save some money, have some fun and learn a little

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Gotcha.

To the OP, if you're trying to be a cheap skate at this, yes, you can run your own ignition source from elsewhere in the vehicle up to your new head unit. The XSVI module does however give you parking brake, reverse signal and vehicle speed sense outputs. So if you're installing a double-din with rear cam and/or navi, it makes life quite a bit easier anyway. Also, it comes pre-wired for the steering wheel control adapter. So if you have and want your steering wheel audio controls to work with your new aftermarket head unit, you'll need to buy the Axxess ASWC-1 also. If you have the XSVI harness, the ASWC will plug right into that. No wiring it up! Lastly, the XSVI module will keep the retained accessory power function working. So with the factory head unit, when you turn the vehicle off, the radio keeps playing until you actually open the door. If you run your own ignition wire from another source, you'll lose this feature.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

@Firebird I think You have the answer that Im looking for. I'm gonna price this stuff out and talk to my cousin as its his jeep. Those 2 can bus wires threw me for loop. Ive been reading all over and I'm beginning to obtain an understanding. No nav or anything fancy btw. Single din alpine 153 BT with 3 sets of preouts. No steering wheel controls in his vehicle either.

Archived