American Bass LOC, need factory integration tips

Hey guys,

Has anyone had any experience or heard anything about the ABX-LDR Line our converter by American Bass, or if the audio control lc2i is just better in every way. The A-Bass one is powered, so assuming it's higher quality than a cheap LOC. I'm also running this from a factory Sub out and the lc2i seems to take care of signal loss issues that the factory amps limit. This is for a subwoofer only in a 2009 Accord.

Also, am I better off just using the left and right channel for this? I cranked up the bass on the mids and when you turn it up, it doesn't seem to limit the bass in anyway like it does for the sub channel from the amp, or is it just me lol.

in this area, audio control just does it right. I have been researching a similar situation using my factory Volvo head and have heard the same thing over and over. Use audio control. I think the sound quality is going to be better and you will have less issues.

Get the lc2i.

You are Going to want to tap into the system somewhere that is before any amplification or crossover.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

More or less confirmed what I was thinking. The A Bass LOC was powered so thought it might be a decent product. Ya it would have to be before the factory amp which I gotta find.

Isn't the accubass feature for after the amp? Would I turn that off? Or does the deck do the dampening and not the factory amp?

I just wish they would use RCA's on the factory deck and amps. Would make basshead life so much easier haha.

Accubass before the amp. And I believe the LC2i is powered as well unless I'm mistaken. I know the LC7i I had was. Do you mean would you have to turn the factory amp off? If there is an off switch, sure. Otherwise, just leave it. Or unplug the harness(s) from it.

I'm talking about the dampening, which I'm not sure is handled by the deck or the amp itself. Basically when you turn up the volume, the bass gradually gets louder as it should, but then hits a barrier or fail safe so the sub doesn't blow.

Accubass fixes or bypasses that feature, so the bass signal has no wall. If there is no dampening before the amp, then you wouldn't need accubass.

Archived