Sonic Electronix

Eastwood restoration company sells a "Seam sealer adhesive" used to put body panels together. Maybe this could be used along the roof seams to help prevent metal fatigue?

THANK YOU SIR, I WILL HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

People have been using vibraflex before ampere even started selling it.

The stuff is huge in the Euros and in competition, long before it was sold by Tantric, and now Ampere.

People here are afraid of spending money and they thing some product with a bunch of butyl rubber and a thin flexible 6mil piece of aluminum is better, or even worse yet they will buy asphalt based roofing material and put that in their car..

The SecondSkin DampPro is better than skyhigh due to the aluminum that they use alone.

A butyl based deadener alone will only do so much no matter how many layers you install, the vibraflex is not like a deadener since its hard and rigid.

maybe nobody uses it for a reason?

LOL I WAS JUST THINKING THAT AS I WROTE THE LAST REPLY BUT THEN BECAME HOPEFUL AND WAS LIKE :unsure: MAYBE ITS JUST BRAND NEW LOL

I should have clarified that I have no clue what the product is. It might be the best thing ever.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i put two layers of 120 mil dampener on my roof, then i broke a roof brace larter. :shrug:

so you were fine until you put a brace then broke it? lol

no,the factory brace broke after deadener. the roof still moved, and had more mass with the deadener and the factory welds gave out

exactly what I assumed...so to answer your question OP... we don't know if its any good since it doesn't even have a sort of metal based material along w/ it. Butyl rubber or even think as rubber can only do so much.... look into a dampener w/ a foil layer at the least... I'm partial to SDS but I know secondskin gets some pretty good reviews from other members.. just wouldn't spend that money on vibrators ... :-xx

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

What does your system consist of? If you're just pushing a couple 12s on 1200w I don't think you need to go as far as adding extra roof bracing...

Why not? Some cars will benefit from it. In my car the entire roof is one piece of sheetmetal layed over the frame, you can push it down about 1/2" without trying. Doesn't take much pressure to start fucking with that.

What does your system consist of? If you're just pushing a couple 12s on 1200w I don't think you need to go as far as adding extra roof bracing...

Why not? Some cars will benefit from it. In my car the entire roof is one piece of sheetmetal layed over the frame, you can push it down about 1/2" without trying. Doesn't take much pressure to start fucking with that.

Just seems like a overkill unless you're going for SQ being that a repaint is necessary if you care about how your exterior looks.

Are we talking about bracing the exterior or what the fuck?? I'm lost there.

If it's bad enough to warrant bracing, kerf some wood or if you know somewhat what you're doing make some out of fiberglass. In most cars you'll have a little space under the headliner to fit something in there. Just have to be creative about it.

Archived