Second Skin Audio

5 Point Star Box

RyanRosier

Is it possible to build a five point star box for a 12? I can't get any picture to upload but I've got a pretty cool idea for it and was just curious if it's possible

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Sure it can be done, will help greatly if you got some real good wood working skills

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sure, it's possible. It would be a lot of work.

You'd have to know exact angles, degrees of each point? Because not all 5 points are equal right? Some, the arms id guess you'd say, are more angled than the rest? On a difficulty scale how hard would this be? Could you produce a cut sheet? Or is the math something out of this world time consuming and hard?

I'm interested in seeing this done....

I know right? That's why I finally brought the idea to the surface

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Sure, it's possible. It would be a lot of work.

You'd have to know exact angles, degrees of each point? Because not all 5 points are equal right? Some, the arms id guess you'd say, are more angled than the rest? On a difficulty scale how hard would this be? Could you produce a cut sheet? Or is the math something out of this world time consuming and hard?

I'm interested in seeing this done....

I know right? That's why I finally brought the idea to the surface

Sure it can be done, will help greatly if you got some real good wood working skills

Well carpentry runs in the family, and according to dad, (who is a fellow bass head from the 80's and 90's who know's hsi equipment inside and out) says building cabinets is harder than some boxes, what with running perfect seams and all being with in a 32nd or 64th of an inch. But he says cabinet doors are way harder than any thing he's build in sub boxes. And he's built quiet a few, so being his son you auto mattically look up to and put faith in his words because you know, like he's your dad right? Why would they lie to you? loll

e5FiGff.jpg

bmufesT.jpg

Archived