Second Skin Audio

Did i make the right choice??

I have a box that i built at 3.6 cu.ft. and 35hz that i sold the subs too a long time ago. I wanted to put it to use again and sell the 2 12" DD subs i have currently becuase theyre D4's on my Kicker DX1000.1 that is only 2ohm stable and doesnt run 1ohm too well for some reason.

I ordered 4 Skar IX-10's 200watts rms D4 and im planning on running all 4 of them in the box i made with the kicker amp. should i have gone with the 250watt rms 12's for $20 more even though they wouldve been in a box too small? or would these 10's be able to handle it? im just worried about blowing the subs. The amp birth sheet showed 1170 @2ohm

Sounds like it would do something. Woofer "A" in the right size box will be louder than woofer "B" in the wrong size box. What are the volume requirements of the subs?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

You should be just fine. If you have the gains set so that you are not clipping the skar should handle the extra power. If it's 3.6 cubes (or 4) it should be ok. If you are overpowering the subs, which you are a little, going on the small side of what they recommend is ideal. It makes it a little harder for them to over travel, a bigger box is a little easier to travel further. Basically yes if you are running 4 10s that want around 3-5 cubes and are rated at 800 watts (for all 4) then you should be ok at 3.6 or 4 on 1100 watts. Assuming the power is clean and there is no clipping. Don't forget the not clipping part.

are you going to put 4 10" subs in a box you previously had 2 10" subs in? how big is your port?

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

are you going to put 4 10" subs in a box you previously had 2 10" subs in? how big is your port?

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived