JulienDuytsche Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 So I'm planning on going with a single AB XFL 15" and would really like it in a 4th order port facing back. This is going into an 01 Ford Explorer Sport so my sizing limitations aren't very limited, 41" width, 35" depth, however high I need it. I just want to know what the XFL likes sealed and ported. It's a daily but I'd still like to get all I can get from it. Also, I'm looking for an amp that'll keep up with it and stay in my very limited budget around $200. A Hifonics Brutus?
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 What is your motivation for using a 4th order bandpass box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
JulienDuytsche Posted January 16, 2016 Author Report Posted January 16, 2016 I just like a challange and being somewhat new to this I feel it would be great for me to do. Ive also heard that the XFLs do great in them and that i can really get the most out of them in a 4th order.
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 What is your motivation for using a 4th order bandpass box?A fourth order makes you so cool that you have to change your name to kelvin. Owner of BigAss Ports
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 A fourth order makes you so cool that you have to change your name to kelvin. Ohhhh, I see what you did there! "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 I just like a challange and being somewhat new to this I feel it would be great for me to do. Ive also heard that the XFLs do great in them and that i can really get the most out of them in a 4th order. Hey if you are looking for a challenge and to do something different, then have at it! Here are a couple things to consider. A bandpass box is going to sound different than a ported box does, if you are expecting it to get much louder and have a huge bandwidth, you are probably going to be disappointed. Bandpass boxes let you trade efficiency for bandwidth and vice-versa. If you want to get really loud, you are only going to have a limited bandwidth, and if you want a wide bandwidth its going to cost you output. Everything is a tradeoff. Just what direction you want to go is depends on what's most important to you. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 A fourth order makes you so cool that you have to change your name to kelvin.Ohhhh, I see what you did there! Of all the people here, i KNEW you would get that one. Lol Owner of BigAss Ports
bmwking Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 A fourth order makes you so cool that you have to change your name to kelvin.Ohhhh, I see what you did there! Of all the people here, i KNEW you would get that one. Lol well, he is the wheat farmer
JulienDuytsche Posted January 16, 2016 Author Report Posted January 16, 2016 Honestly I think right in the middle would be best for me. Thats why Im not really sure how much volume it wants.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.