Sonic Electronix

Madvibes,thas exactly what I was trying to tell sum of the ppl up here but they didn't believe me for $#!t. I guess if you don't have all the tools and equipment then yea I guess it would take weeks or longer to build enclosures. Fortunately for me at my job the shipyard,we have access to pretty much anything. So it was nuthin to build that box in the time it took.....unda 10 hrs!!!

For real though, if he can design a box that easily he can help with setting your gains as well. If he does it by ear or with a dmm he's not doing it right. Gotta use the proper tools, just like using the proper tools to build the enclosure.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Mbrown, you gotta realize there are sketchy backdoor 'advertisers' trying to skirt the rules around here all the time. Makes those that have been here a while suspicious. Not saying you are or aren't, just that this thread happened to hit a familiar pattern.

That said, if a pro installer/box builder can't measure, (winisd or similar) design a basic square-ish box, and build it in half a day--they aren't making any money. Especially if you left it bare.

Static drops are my bag.

Ok, so before the use of steves tools to set amplifier gains what did we all do? Did we invest in an oscope? hmmmm more than likely cost prohibitive for most. we set gains by turning the deck up to like 85 percent and turning up the gain until you heard audible distortion then backed down a bit. I think this is the way a majority of people set gains. Actually still the same way I set gains now, I have been building cars since 1993 I have countless trophies in sound q as well as spl. I dont think setting gains by ear is a wrong way, I do think there are better ways that are more affordable than ever but You can still have great sound using your ears.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

just buying wood takes hours. Interesting. We were gone for like 25 mins last weekend when we bought my 2 sheets of wood, 2x4s, PL, screws, sandpaper, etc.

i had boxes designed before and it takes days even close to a weeks. Did your computer crash in the process? lol

i also doubt a dock yard having the software to design sub woofer enlousers Its not hard to download programs :shrug:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

To jk13 and anyone else I may have upset or offended,I do apologize, no I'm not a salesman,or promoter or anything jus a guy who happened to stumble across some decent subs for a good price and figured I post some threads about it. Trust me everybody I didn't mean any harm,after all I am new here and need to respect the veterans that have been here before me,my bad!

Dude dont apologize for being excited! If I could get a manufacturing cost deal with the company I would gladly build my car using there subs, I actualy like the idea of the 2.5" oversized motors.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Ok, so before the use of steves tools to set amplifier gains what did we all do? Did we invest in an oscope? hmmmm more than likely cost prohibitive for most. we set gains by turning the deck up to like 85 percent and turning up the gain until you heard audible distortion then backed down a bit. I think this is the way a majority of people set gains. Actually still the same way I set gains now, I have been building cars since 1993 I have countless trophies in sound q as well as spl. I dont think setting gains by ear is a wrong way, I do think there are better ways that are more affordable than ever but You can still have great sound using your ears.

Sure, why not go back to how it was done in the early 90s. No reason to improve at all.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

LOL, you are a dick. You kno what would be a good test? Run A system tuned by the old standards, test it for sq and spl, then retune the system "using the correct way" and seeing if there is an audible difference and or spl increase. How much of a difference would prove how much you actually need some fancy tools vs having a pair of fancy ears.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived