numatik Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 I just need something to set my levels. Doesn't need to be perfect just better then by ear. Just want to turn on white noise and bring the levels up that need to come up and down that need to come down. I have bounced around to several different RTA software and there so complicated and I can't even figure out how to get them to do what I want them to do. Something the most user-friendly would be a plus this is not going into any sound quality competitions. I just one better sound that's why spent the money and bought a 3sixty and now I'm just very frustrated Gary 'Numatik' Eberle West Sacramento, California Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/ "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik
rubbernutz1 Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 download the fosgate software for the 3sixty. its got pink noise tracks to set the gains with
MotorCityFats13 Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 I would also sugest the rockford software but TrueRTA has an easy to use GUI but you need a decent mic to use it right.... 2 clicks and it shows you like 11 bands on the free version might not be enough for your tuning needs
numatik Posted January 17, 2016 Author Report Posted January 17, 2016 I have the 360 software and the white noise track but did my best by ear and it just doesn't sound right. Gains are correct it's the eq that needs to be setup better and I'm not doing it well by ear. I have trueRTA but it won't let me change to neither 12 or 24octave and I was having a hard time getting it to display the live feed while giving a clear display of what I needed to adjust Gary 'Numatik' Eberle West Sacramento, California Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/ "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik
numatik Posted January 17, 2016 Author Report Posted January 17, 2016 Pink noise* Gary 'Numatik' Eberle West Sacramento, California Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/ "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik
audiofanaticz Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 I used trueRTA a long time ago, I dont know if its changed since then, but the rta graph seemed to have a bunch of frequencies crammed together to the point of looking at truerta and trying to guess if you were needing to adjust 225hz or 400hz.. A decent mic is well needed for any decent tuning as well, something that will be able to pick up the softest of soft and loudest of louds and not distort while doing it. Also you should always avoid boosting frequencies unless its drastically needed, always lower the high peaks first. Sometimes a perfectly flat tune is not the best to your ear as well, so your ear will want to play games with you. Oh and I think you need to pay for their software if you want to change the octaves..
numatik Posted January 17, 2016 Author Report Posted January 17, 2016 Thanks for the response. I'm new to this kind of tuning, I have a DBX RTA mix that's bad and currently only have a shittier mic till its replaced. It just sounds like crap currently, I know you said it's been a while but could you go off memory and give me awake thru of the basic tuning process? I only have the trial so it won't let me change octaves. Is there another program either freeware or a torrent I could download to tune with? Thanks for taking your time helping me brotha, I appreciate it Gary 'Numatik' Eberle West Sacramento, California Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/ "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.