Time Alignment - Clarion CZ702

boom50cal

okay guys, running a Clarion CZ702 active for my front stage. I have some vifa tweets in my a pillar/dash. Pretty much finalized their positions, just waiting to get funds together to get them glassed in. Have sundown component set mid's in my doors... running them active off(I know, I know) a Taramps TS400x4 micro 4 channel. Not even an SQ amp, but I love it's small footprint, and it sounds nearly as warm as a DD c5d sooo...

Basically lost on the entire time alignment stuff on this headunit. This is literally all the manual says. How I'm understanding it, would I set each speaker up to the distance it is, from my ears or what?

When speaker system is “3WAY”.
TIME ALIGNMENT
HIGH L/R: 0-----501.4cm
MID L/R: 0-----501.4cm
SW L/R: 0-----501.4cm
On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

oh damn. well that makes it somewhat simple. It's supposed to be kinda warm tomorrow, gives me something to fiddle with after class.

OK ...

I'm not trying to "dumb things down" so to speak by no means. Please understand this ... Just trying to make things simple.

To start off ... If you are sitting in the driver's seat, you will only want to start out by time aligning the left side to get the center stage correct.

Which is much easier with the mid and tweet passive ... Then tweek and tune from there. But beings you are fully active, you may want to tune your left side increments at a time to keep things even ... Know what I mean ???

Don't try adjusting your sub's until after you get to the right side of the tuning stage process when you are listening for stage width and depth ...

When you meant 3way, I thought you was refering to midbass, midrange, high range ... Then the sub bass.

Just by tuning the left side to find your center stage will give you an immediate idea do what you will be looking for with stage and image. Please take your time and listen to each and every increment. Please don't rush this, it will frustrate you ... LOL

Don't go by a measuring tape or crazy numbers on the head unit ... Use your ears.

One more thing ... Be particular with your music. Some singers like Elton John will play a piano and not be centered on stage. Find a low toned female for this if possible.

Most people thing think I'm crazy for this ... But I love using Brittany Spears when tuning. ALOT of hidden details in her voice.

You will soon see my friend where big amplifiers with plenty of headroom comes into play ...

Good luck brother !!! Please keep me posted.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well I'm really just running a 2 way system right now, should have clarified that. Selling my sundown 2k this weeked, to free up some cash... it'll be a bit before I have a substage (single 8 most likely).

But hell yeah cableguy, thanks for the imput. I'll have plenty of time tomorrow afternoon to tinker with it. And I have a TON of classical rock type stuff, and some strong female voiced stuff like Stevie Nix, to fiddle around in it.

I'll get some updates tomorrow as I start tinkering with it.

Stage and image is am addictive drug my brother ... Be careful.

Day or two will turn into months ... Trust me.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

it'll be worse if I ever end up as an owner operator... my rig will be heavenly, to me atleast.

I haven't been rocking a substage in this truck since I bought it. And I honestly don't miss it that much. Mids crossed at 50hz... plays stuff accurately enough for me. Was wanting to to a set of full ranges...but man.... after getting stuff halfway sorted out, not so sure about it.

I loved over the road pulling a refer ... However, I didn't like being away from my family for long periods of time.

While I was gone, something broke and my wife had to hire another man to come in and fix what I should have done myself. Simply put, I didn't like someone working on something that belonged to me ...

Now running Wreckers and Low Boys ... I get to run big rig, put it n plenty of miles, and get back home at decent time ... I'm working my ass off pulling chains, but it works for me. If you are strong, like working with your hands, and have a sweet young wife at home ... I highly suggest getting into Wreckers and Low Boys. Pays damn good too ...

LOL ... Sorry for thread jacking.

Archived