Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thank you I'll try that out when I re do the box. Question you mentioned efficency of the box, what exactly makes the box "efficient" in this instance? Thank you.

Efficiency affects the frequency response, which in turn affects the impedance curve of your enclosure.
Posted

Thank you I'll try that out when I re do the box. Question you mentioned efficency of the box, what exactly makes the box "efficient" in this instance? Thank you.

Efficiency affects the frequency response, which in turn affects the impedance curve of your enclosure.

But what effects the efficency of the box? The actual building of it or how it is tuned?

Posted

2 sp4 18s with 2 3500 at .5 ohm I set the gains with a dd1 I only smell something after 2 mins at full tilt or close to it

Your good with 2 minutes?

OK.

I've nit smelled much coil, but when I have it always had a "sweet" smell. :shrugs: But most of my body stuff is broke and don't work.

you make sp4's smell?

dude... I've been in some downright fucking crazy SP4 musical rigs that demo alll.....day...long....(Eric Reed/Jeff Guckenberg's Suburban for one, OBI's Lincoln) and not once ever had any smell come from their woofers. And they literally demo all...fucking...day...long...

something's up with your enclosure, or electrical. because those woofers are complete monster's on music. If Eric had an M3b at 1/2 per on his, with rock solid electrical... 110* and he was pumping out 2-3 song demos before he would let them cool down.... you shouldn't be having issues out of them on 2 3500's. Fuck, kyle ran his on some shitbox 6500's for a bit, each?

I'd think he's smelling glue. If it's 2 mins. They have a distinct smell (to me, all fi coils smell different than dc sundown and others)

You start roasting a 4" coil, you'll know it.

The show just before i bought the teams I got my coil so god dam hot. Port was belching hot ass air. It was 103 that day and it was way hotter inside my cab lol. Beat that thing for 11 hours at the show, competed (and won) every discipline and demod all in between. Pounded on it for the entire 4 our ride home. Still no coil smell.

I did clip my teams at one show, and got the deffinate coil wiff. Just turned it down a bit, and all was good before the song even finished. Jumped right back on it one click less the rest of the day.

Posted

Thank you I'll try that out when I re do the box. Question you mentioned efficency of the box, what exactly makes the box "efficient" in this instance? Thank you.

Efficiency affects the frequency response, which in turn affects the impedance curve of your enclosure.
But what effects the efficency of the box? The actual building of it or how it is tuned?

I'll pm you since we kind of turned this into a thread jack

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2156 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...