Dd1 on mids and highs?

I have a rockford p300x2 running a pair of infinity kappa tweeters that say 50 watt rms and a pair of pioneer ts-D1730C 60 watt rms soon to be sundown sa 6.5csv2 .. with the dd1 currently would I be ok with the -5db track?

Edited by tbeats
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I would say no for the tweeters, yes for the mids.

But I will also say do not run those tweeters on a two channel with those mids unless you have a passive crossover In between the amp and tweeters, and I would say same thing for the mids. If you're trying to run active with that setup, your going to damage those tweeters very fast.

I would say no for the tweeters, yes for the mids.

But I will also say do not run those tweeters on a two channel with those mids unless you have a passive crossover In between the amp and tweeters, and I would say same thing for the mids. If you're trying to run active with that setup, your going to damage those tweeters very fast.

the kappas have a crossover as well as the pioneer component. The amp has a punch boost that works as a 12.5k eq when in high pass mode should I even touch that?

Nope. Stay away from boost anything.

I'm glad to see you have crossovers. Your first post threw red flags at me. But all will be well :)

I will make this suggestion. It's not exact, but it may be safer. Use DD-1 as planned and find your gain setting using the -0dB track. Take a picture or make note of its position. Then find the gain setting for the -5dB track. Then back it down to half way in between that setting and the position for -0dB, and you have a very roughly set -2.5dB (unless you want to download snowdrifters -2.5dB 1khz track to use). If it's not loud enough, then you can try the -5dB, but I really don't think that's a good idea for your tweeters.

Nope. Stay away from boost anything.

I'm glad to see you have crossovers. Your first post threw red flags at me. But all will be well :)

I will make this suggestion. It's not exact, but it may be safer. Use DD-1 as planned and find your gain setting using the -0dB track. Take a picture or make note of its position. Then find the gain setting for the -5dB track. Then back it down to half way in between that setting and the position for -0dB, and you have a very roughly set -2.5dB (unless you want to download snowdrifters -2.5dB 1khz track to use). If it's not loud enough, then you can try the -5dB, but I really don't think that's a good idea for your tweeters.

being that the kappa tweeters and the components both have a crossover should I still set the high pass crossover on the amp?

didnt read any of that..

If you know your number on the deck, that is clean to 1k

i would set it at 0db.

Myself ive never used the dd1 for setting mids and highs.... Pretty obvious when they sound like shit.. just me.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Set at 0dB means that the 1khz @ -0dB on the DD-1 track at max clean is putting out the most clean power it can (RMS, varying with impedance of the speaker). But music is attenuated, so that will not give you the loudest setting for music. Setting gain for -5dB overlap will be louder. As long as you set it clean, your HU is clean, and the music you're playing is clean, then you'll have a clip-free experience. You can set it with the -5dB track and you should be ok. I just like to play it safe when feeding more than rated to speakers. Especially tweeters. My apologies.

Set at 0dB means that the 1khz @ -0dB on the DD-1 track at max clean is putting out the most clean power it can (RMS, varying with impedance of the speaker). But music is attenuated, so that will not give you the loudest setting for music. Setting gain for -5dB overlap will be louder. As long as you set it clean, your HU is clean, and the music you're playing is clean, then you'll have a clip-free experience. You can set it with the -5dB track and you should be ok. I just like to play it safe when feeding more than rated to speakers. Especially tweeters. My apologies.

got ya, I will try 0dB first. Then maybe -2.5db.