corey0928 Posted January 23, 2016 Report Posted January 23, 2016 So I'm planning on going to the next CES. And i know a lot of people go from SMD. Trying to figure out how much the tickets and rooms are. How much do you guys spend? Not including extra stuff, gambming and drinks etc. Where's the best place to stay?
audiofanaticz Posted January 23, 2016 Report Posted January 23, 2016 Most bassheads that go to "CES" do not actually go to CES, they go to Vegas during the CES week for the basshead meet/comp.To actually get into CES you need a pass, to get a pass you need to be part of the consumer electronics industry. The show is not open to the public.The passes usually go on sale around July and at that time the cost $100 each, and as the show gets closer they go up in price to around $200 or $300. I forget the date of the price increase and the actual price but its one of those, maybe $250..Any room on the strip is going to typically cost a bit more, and a lot of them have "resort fees" which are typical around $75. When I went in 2014 I think it was I stayed at the Palms Place and my room was $220 a night, and the Palms is well off the strip. But I wanted to have a nice room for the first time I went to Vegas. Most people will tell you to get a room off the strip and don't stay at the big name hotels since you will only be in your room to sleep a few hours. So if you do that you can normally get a room for around $80 a night in some budget hotel/motel.Your best bet is to book your rooms early before the prices go up as the event comes closer.iirc my taxi ride from the airport to my hotel was a $20-26 ride, and a bunch of other $10-20 rides just to get places. I think I spent close to $150 during my 4days easily on taxis just going back and forth, getting food, going to the basshead meet up etc.
kingsuv Posted January 23, 2016 Report Posted January 23, 2016 I can do CES for as little as 200 and as much as 4k. Just depends if the wife goes. Off the strip rooms are key. Split them with others and you can save a ton. I use the bus system. 3 day pass is 15 bucks. Passes can be had if you suck up to the right people at the right time. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
corey0928 Posted January 23, 2016 Author Report Posted January 23, 2016 The 2 job opportunities i have when we get back are both in the electronics world. One is probably better since they have a partnership with Google. But if I cant get anything I'll suck up to someone. Bill i love your work lol. Thanks for the info though!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.