I wonder how hard it would be to get a 4.2 vortec (08) in there... That's like 270 hp right there

Why waste your time on a motor swap for a 6 cylinder? Get a 4.8 or 5.3L LS series motor and be done with it.

apart from the costs...

this is the way to go...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I wonder how hard it would be to get a 4.2 vortec (08) in there... That's like 270 hp right there

Why waste your time on a motor swap for a 6 cylinder? Get a 4.8 or 5.3L LS series motor and be done with it.

apart from the costs...

this is the way to go...

5.3 are going for $600 around here you just have to search.. i found an lq4 for $750 that im going to go see sometime next week.. found an lq9 for $2200 obo with transmission included.. not that expensive

compared to a vortec tree fiddy, it's expensive. But fuck a vortec treefiddy. Garbage boat anchors. Weak bottom ends, god awful injection system. Heads flow well, for what they are...

but lsx swap 88-98 ftw. Would be cheapest to buy a full truck that is totaled or whatever... then go from there.

have you price out injectors for one of those intakes?

it's ridiculous. Unless you cop a marine intake... For the money you'd spend on a stroker kit, with machine work, cam, valve springs, and a mild freshing up, oh plus a tune...

and where are you at? Basically anywhere, you can roll down to nearly any junkyard and pick up a lm7(truck 5.3) for like $4-600. And a 60 or 80e for another 4-600 more. Trucks a 97? It very well may have an 0411 pcm if I'm remembering my stuff right...but if not, that's another $100.

For like $2 grand, you could have a 5.3 lm7, pick up a set of 243 heads, a cam kit, and a 60e with wiring harness and pcm dude.

or fuck, save another $200 and get a 4.8, do the 243 heads and get some ARP studs while your at it. cammed 4.8 with decent heads + nitrous = hell of a combination.

Bigger injectors and a tune = way worse gas mileage.

If your goal is to do the swap to gain mpg you're about to be in for a surprise.

You want to gain mpg keep the 4.3 and track down the turbo parts from a typhoon and male your a 4.3 turbo.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Or do a 4bt swap.

There's an expensive swap

Worth it.

They used to be really cheap, like less than $1k cheap.

Now they are like $3500- $4k if you're lucky.

Still worth it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived