CleanSierra Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 I say go for it, but I'd run more power, my old set up was 8 xfl 12"s on 4 bc3500's and it did a 158.9 in the kickI loved reading your entire BL too Bighoss, it was a great encourager for my choice in the XFLs.I know SMD hates to read this, but could I run the 2 ph4000s initially and then further down the road step up to a big, single, 0.5ohm stable amp? if so, what would be a good choice for an amp to do 4k-5k rms at 0.5 ohm? Obviously I'll be on a budget so I think let's keep it under 1000 for the amp if possible? If you want to do the work, and can live with it, then why not wall it? It's perfectly fine to run lower power, just set gains correctly and don't try to push them harder than they can handle. And go with 1ohm, the amp may be a little more (shop used) but electrical will be less, which costs more. Plus it's easier on the equipment and your ears.You think a 1 ohm amp would be ok with 4 4 ohm dvcs wired down to 0.5? would i be safe because of box rise and all that black magic?an I'd love to do the work, i enjoy it. I wonder if anyone could comment on the best style/size enclosure for me? I think he was saying wire your amp to 1ohm when you get a larger one. But seeing at that isn't an option for your voice coils if you get two more 4ohm DVC's, I personally would suggest an amp that puts out the power you need at 2ohm. But that's me. A single amp that puts out 4-5K at 2 ohms? You better open up your wallet. You'd STILL come in cheaper with buying the .5 ohm amp AND beefing electrical before finding a 4-5K 2 ohm amp. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
afrakes Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 Why not get a pair of 2k -2.5k Amos and put one amp per pair of woofers? Would come in less than $1k and just buy a matching pair and run master/slave. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
bmwking Posted January 30, 2016 Author Report Posted January 30, 2016 I say go for it, but I'd run more power, my old set up was 8 xfl 12"s on 4 bc3500's and it did a 158.9 in the kickI loved reading your entire BL too Bighoss, it was a great encourager for my choice in the XFLs.I know SMD hates to read this, but could I run the 2 ph4000s initially and then further down the road step up to a big, single, 0.5ohm stable amp? if so, what would be a good choice for an amp to do 4k-5k rms at 0.5 ohm? Obviously I'll be on a budget so I think let's keep it under 1000 for the amp if possible? If you want to do the work, and can live with it, then why not wall it? It's perfectly fine to run lower power, just set gains correctly and don't try to push them harder than they can handle. And go with 1ohm, the amp may be a little more (shop used) but electrical will be less, which costs more. Plus it's easier on the equipment and your ears.You think a 1 ohm amp would be ok with 4 4 ohm dvcs wired down to 0.5? would i be safe because of box rise and all that black magic?an I'd love to do the work, i enjoy it. I wonder if anyone could comment on the best style/size enclosure for me? I think he was saying wire your amp to 1ohm when you get a larger one. But seeing at that isn't an option for your voice coils if you get two more 4ohm DVC's, I personally would suggest an amp that puts out the power you need at 2ohm. But that's me. A single amp that puts out 4-5K at 2 ohms? You better open up your wallet. You'd STILL come in cheaper with buying the .5 ohm amp AND beefing electrical before finding a 4-5K 2 ohm amp. that's what i was thinking, maybe a vfl series? im open to good 0.5 ohm suggestions
bmwking Posted January 30, 2016 Author Report Posted January 30, 2016 Why not get a pair of 2k -2.5k Amos and put one amp per pair of woofers? Would come in less than $1k and just buy a matching pair and run master/slave. thats what my original plan is
bmwking Posted January 30, 2016 Author Report Posted January 30, 2016 I say go for it, but I'd run more power, my old set up was 8 xfl 12"s on 4 bc3500's and it did a 158.9 in the kickI loved reading your entire BL too Bighoss, it was a great encourager for my choice in the XFLs.I know SMD hates to read this, but could I run the 2 ph4000s initially and then further down the road step up to a big, single, 0.5ohm stable amp? if so, what would be a good choice for an amp to do 4k-5k rms at 0.5 ohm? Obviously I'll be on a budget so I think let's keep it under 1000 for the amp if possible? I know of a good amp that would fit that description... im all ears
bmwking Posted January 30, 2016 Author Report Posted January 30, 2016 A single amp that puts out 4-5K at 2 ohms? You better open up your wallet. You'd STILL come in cheaper with buying the .5 ohm amp AND beefing electrical before finding a 4-5K 2 ohm amp. so heres a good question too, any idea how i should go about getting a bigger alternator? I've checked all the popular sites/brands and no one seems to make one for my application
CleanSierra Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 What vehicle? Crossfire XS-4K was the amp in mind to do 5-6K at half ohm. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
bighossf150 Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 IMO a pair of decent 3500's would be the way to go with 4 xfl's, sundown, dc, crescendo, ampere etc. Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
CleanSierra Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 XFL is equivalent to HDC3 right? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
bighossf150 Posted January 30, 2016 Report Posted January 30, 2016 no, xfl's are smaller than hdc's Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.