4 8" Infinity reference, Custom Folded Horn, iNuke1000dsp *With Pics now!*

You will need something like the Rolls Promatch MB15b. I tried to put the link for Parts Express but my tablet is acting goofy. Basically your home RCA out and most car audio has the signal only on the center conductor and the shield is a reference. Coax wire is used. DJ and pro sound uses a double ended approach where the signal is + on center and - on outer. Half the signal on center and other half of signal on outer. This is where the twisted pair comes from and is incorrectly used in car audio. So if you plug your home RCA into DJ amp then the amp will only get half of the signal it needs and output will be low.

No. You are over complicating things.

The iNukes are meant to take a balanced input (which is what you are describing), but they will take an unbalanced signal just fine. You just don't get the interference blocking benefits of the balanced signal. Its rarely an issue anyway.

I've got an iNuke and I have friends that have them too. You can go right out of your AV receiver without any converters required. I play mine off my phone for that matter.

well thanks for saving me some money right there! fsm bless your hasty response!

well, got the subs in and wired. reading a happy 4.2 ohms.

20160201_203048.jpg

how it will look looking into the mouth of madness (if i wasnt covering it)

20160201_203114.jpg

I was trying to get a good size reference and the best i could do was use myself. I'm 5'9"

20160201_203429.jpg

All that's left is hook up the quick disconnect terminal so the girlfriend can move it without ripping the wires out when she needs to vacuum, put the top on, rabbet router the port mouth for the magnetic grill, make the grill, decorate the outside to the old lady's heart's content, get her to help me bring it upstairs, and then... It's time to discover structural deficiencies in the house!

nice! looking good. What did you use to model it with? Hornresp or somethin?

actually Triticum modeled it for me, not sure what program he used but heres the response results

5q23dAl.png

damn thats a lot of output down low! nice, time to break out the space shuttle launch tracks :)

first order of business will be the original jurassic park. you know why!

very awesome work so far. came out really nice!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

well thanks for saving me some money right there! fsm bless your hasty response!

All you will need is a couple RCA to TS adapters, like these: http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-GPR101-Inch-Adaptor/dp/B000068O3S/

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

20160201_203429.jpg

It took me a second to realize that was a mirror shot. At first I was like "either that is the tiniest hallway ever, or he's lying about being 5'9"." And then it clicked. Looks good!!

It took me a second to realize that was a mirror shot. At first I was like "either that is the tiniest hallway ever, or he's lying about being 5'9"." And then it clicked. Looks good!!

I was thinking the same thing! Like tall fools will be cussing walking through that place.

All you will need is a couple RCA to TS adapters, like these: http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-GPR101-Inch-Adaptor/dp/B000068O3S/

I actually bought this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O17?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

same result yeah?

Archived