4 8" Infinity reference, Custom Folded Horn, iNuke1000dsp *With Pics now!*

so i was thinking about it yesterday as i was buying a new orbital sander to start the finish work on the box, even all in i believe i'm around $450 on this build. so it's kind of cool to think that a comparable store bought sub with similar performance would probably cost me close to what, $2K? so yeah, big budget bass. In other news, routed corners and edges, started sanding the box, bought feet, trim, and stain. Turns out I'll be adding an additional panel to the top so the gf can have a 1" overhang "like a normal coffee table" so thats super fun. I'm going to put all the trim on and stain the whole thing and get it upstairs and wired in and let her deal with it for a while before i add the top panel.

I have pics of rounded corners and stain test, but not on the line yet. will upload later.

time for the nightly pic dump. started on the trim, it's going to be tedious because im only gluing it.

routed bottom edged (which i didnt need to do since she decided she wanted trim on the bottom)

20160204_205733.jpg

stain test, i like it

20160204_205639.jpg

feet on, mounting trim

20160205_222543.jpg

close up of the feet and bottom trim, had to use the flash to show the detailing

20160205_222528.jpg

that's it for today, going to work on the trim more tomorrow and begin staining. also going to do the home wiring so i can just take it upstairs and plug it in

So i know I've been lacking in the updates for the past couple days, but rest assured work has continued. I just had a lot of boring finishing work to do to get the outside up to snuff.

I have all the lower trim on and the first coat of stain, I'm hoping to get it upstairs this weekend as long as all the stain is dry by then.

So here's some pics to hold you over...

20160208_165742.jpg

20160209_212810.jpg

20160209_212823.jpg

That is some kick ass work. Can you use something like bass box pro or the term lab software to design such an enclosure?

I think so, anything that can design a folded horn should be able to do it, although I don't know for sure. Triticum helped me with the designs

Ah, I always wanted to experiment with these kinds of enclosures but who the fuck knows where to even start.

Unless they show me a book or long god damned video about the theory behind the calculations etc no one really ever pointed me in the direction of a program that had proven results (and no, I didn't ask everybody lol).

That would be a fun project for sure man.

Archived