Hifonics Posted February 3, 2016 Report Posted February 3, 2016 So I was driving along last week and all of a sudden the bass seemed lower... Then all of a sudden it got loud (normal) again. A few days later it happened more and more frequently. Now it's just playing at the low volume setting and doesn't flicker back to being loud at all. List of components: -Crescendo BC3500 (power and ground coming from the 2nd battery) -2nd battery in the back (hooked in parallel to the front battery and grounded to the chasis). -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT radio with 3 pre-outs @ 4v -Older 18" AA mayhem I started my troubleshooting by checking voltage to my 2nd battery, which was resting fine at 13.0v with the car off and 14.5v with the car on. Then checked the grounds... seem fine. Checked to see if I had any protection lights on the amp, none were one, only the power light. Tried disconnecting my bass knob, no change. Checked Radio settings, which were the same as before... unchanged. So then I thought maybe my RCAs are pinched... so I replaced those today with brand new ones. No change. I checked the Ohm load on the amp from the sub and it was reading 1Ohm with the amp off. When I turn on the amp at 0/40 (muted) volume, I get an Ohm load of 25Ohms... is that normal? I'm out of ideas here. I don't know if it's my amp. sub, or radio that's going. My amp is just past the warranty period and I'm really hoping it's not dead since it was quite expensive. I can still get the amp to play really loud on DECAF, but I just have to crank the bass knob all the way, whereas before I was just turning it half way to get the same results. Any ideas guys? 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
bman8891 Posted February 4, 2016 Report Posted February 4, 2016 I had that problem with an saz 3500d. Mine was the rca jacks on the amp. Wiggle them and then they would work.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted February 4, 2016 Report Posted February 4, 2016 That happened to me one time when one of my 15s got stuck. I "unstuck" it but it would not play unless cranked up. LOL! Is your sub DVC? Maybe a bad coil? Do not check resistance with power applied. It will kill your meter. Disconnect the speaker wires and check the speaker. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
3vil Posted February 4, 2016 Report Posted February 4, 2016 And when you're testing each voice coil, don't just out the meter on it and call it good. Gently push and pull the cone in and out and see if the resistance changes. I once had a mostly broken tinsel lead, coil would read 2Ω and would increase as you pressed in, but if you pressed the cone it would hit break the tinsel connection and read 0.
Hifonics Posted February 4, 2016 Author Report Posted February 4, 2016 Sorry I missed your previous post so I had to edit this. I will check the resistance with your advice. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My woofer is DVC dual 2ohm, coming out to a 1ohm load right on the dot as per my DMM. I also replaced my RCAs and made sure that they were properly installed. I wiggled them on both ends as well (at radio and at amp). I'm starting to think the radio is failing to send a full signal to the amp via its subwoofer RCA jacks... has anyone seen this happen before? It's definitely not the amp because I can get it to play loud if I turn the gain up more. 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
Hifonics Posted February 12, 2016 Author Report Posted February 12, 2016 UPDATE: I was working on troubleshooting this issue and I decided to mess with the gain on my amp... With the system off, I moved the gain to the max position, then min position, then back to where it was and now the issue is gone. That's messed up right there. I have never seen this before.... anyone have any ideas? I also noticed that one of my RCA terminals on my amp is loose. I don't think it's causing the issue because I was wiggling it while playing music and there was no noticeable change from volume output. 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
3vil Posted February 12, 2016 Report Posted February 12, 2016 It's possible that the potentiometer for the gain control is fucked up.
x infektid x Posted February 13, 2016 Report Posted February 13, 2016 try a professional type of cleaning spray like deoxit and see what ya get.it works very well for me on all my dj stuff like knobs, sliders and what ever . http://store.caig.com/ if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..
Hifonics Posted February 13, 2016 Author Report Posted February 13, 2016 I'm pretty sure my amp is out of warranty so I'll just wait to see if the issue comes back... if it does I'll send it in for repairs. I'll try that cleaning spray. Thanks x infektid x. Thanks to everyone who helped as well. 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.