Anyone here into photography?

So this year my parents bought our family tickets to Puerto Rico for spring break.

With my taxes coming in and me working my internship right now, I have a little extra money laying around after my bills are paid.

So I am wondering anyone that has a decent DSLR, what do you have and what accessories do you have?

1349713160_rte.png

Seen alot of people for the sony alpha nex series cameras. can be had pretty cheap and very portable compared to traditional slrs...

61TNwK1mUFL._SL1200_.jpg

also Sony has an RX100 but it doesn't have zoom really unless you but aftermarket adapters but for most photos its a great camera (alot more compact but no lens changing)

61qHWRpr%2BmL._SL1200_.jpg

this is the canon for size:

719ax3dHL-L._SL1500_.jpg

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

meant to post this as well

Sony-Alpha-a6000-vs-Canon-EOS-700D-size-

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

My cousin does it semi professionally so he's been giving me tips and what to look for.

I am not super concerned with price but then I am.

I saw that sony A6000 a couple days ago when looking just wan't sure how easy it would be to find lens. Also havn't seen a whole lot on mirrorless

1349713160_rte.png

I never got into it hard core but I'll tell you right now, at least two extra sd cards and one extra battery, preferably extended life. If your going to PR I would suggest s nice lightweight tripod or decent mono pod

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/canon/t5i/vs/sony/a6000/

lens are easy to come by.... amazon/ bhphoto/ best buy/ adorama all have and carry lens, will you find more for the canon BUT.... chances are 2-4 lenses is alot for average shooting.. like suggested earlier 18-55mm and zoom 55+ - 200mm is a great start..

Definitely want to have more than 1 memory card... never know when you might lose one of run out of space and extra battery is a plus, I like using my monopod when I know I'll be walking and shooting and not so stationary since it's lighter but 85% of the time I lug around the tripod because I can remotely take photos using my smartphone with the camera mounted on the tripod, great for family portraits/group shots OR even just wanting to make sure you don't shake the camera/tripod when trying to get that perfect shot

also, I got myself those battery banks advertised for charging smartphones on the go... really cheap and convenient method to charge up cameras nowadays since many use USB for charging.

Archived