Second Skin Audio

sub started making weird sound

13.5 should be ok. Playing below port tuning puts the subs at risk of bottoming the voice coil in the motor. I don't know these particular subs that well so I am unsure what they can tolerate.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

The 1 volt drop has NOTHING to do with it. Its something with ur amp settings, get a dmm and test tones and look up how to set lpf and ssf with dmm. Ur gain isnt a volume know idk why u turned it down or "off"....... disconnect ur subs from ur amp and measure the impeadance of ur coils if the impeadance is too high u might have burned a coil. If u have a ported box its generally "safe" to tune half an octave or 5hz below port tuning. I.E box tuned to 40hz set ssf to 35hz.

Can i set my dmm to ohms and get the wires coming out of the box to see if they are still at 1 ohm impendance?

If ur wired to 1 ohm ur dmm on ohms setting should read around .8-1.3 anything higher than 1.3 i would pull BOTH subs outta box and measure each coil. Generally .1-.2 difference is acceptable on each coil but if u have one coil measure 4.1 ohm and the other read 5.2 there is a problem lol

I checked the impendance on the subs..1.0...0.9...0.8...fluctuated between those values so it appears the coils are still working and still down 1 ohm. I just checked them at the wires coming from the box...so they are still wired and good on the inside of the box

Now i need to measure hertz somehow and tune my subsonic filter and lpf.

You don't need to be able to measure Hz to set your subsonic filter. You just need to be able to measure A/C voltage, which any DMM can do, and you need a tone generator. You can get a free app for your phone.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ok found a tutorial on setting subsonic filter on this site. Great info. It basically said that the sub/enclosure can safely play half an octave below the hertz its tuned for. So if mine is set to 35hz. I find that half an octave is 26hz. 35 / 2 =17.5 and then 17.5 /2= 8.75...so 35-8.75= 26.25..rounded down to 26hz. So set my subsonic to 26hz. My american bass ph4000md has a subsonic 10-50hz. Starts at 10 leftmost...to 50 rightmost..so if i set it straight vertical that should be 25hz...can i do a tick or 2 right most and im at 26..27hz?

Archived