'08 Honda Fit *Evil is in and a VIDEO*

Made some good progress over spring break

received_1089140907807300_zpsebmzrsbq.jp

received_1089145577806833_zpshews1taw.jp

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

April fools :peepwall:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Hahahaha. You're lame here. :P

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Well this is what I'll be working on this weekend. It'll be birch, with stain and 3 coats of poly

gr_man99yahoo.com-H_zpsdvepksio.png

wow im suprised thats all it was shipped in.

Why?

Anywho, lookin good Grant :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

that bitch could've been dropped from 6ft and on the edge and it would've survived. metric fuck ton of bubble wrap. Not to mention the dude who repaired it loved hot glue, errywhere

edit: although he doesn't know how to tighten the ground block onto the board :peepwall:

Let me know if you want or need some tips on stain/poly. :)

25.jpg

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Well the wood surface hardness will take into play how much you have to sand, but for the wood I use (poplar) I start with 150grit and do about 3-4 full passes with that. Then I do 2 passes with 220 grit. Then the box is wiped down with a microfiber towel after being blown off to remove as much dust residue as possible. I do 2 coats of stain, for this each coat is applied with a small horse hair brush ALWAYS following the grain. (These are the 1.20 each brushes you find at homedepot) After letting the stain set for 15 mins I wipe off any excess stain and then let it cure for 2-4 hours. Then the second coat of stain is applied just as the first. The final coat of stain is allowed to cure for 4-8 hours or sometimes I let it sit overnight.

For the poly, before I apply the first coat, the entire box is smoothed out with 0000 steel wool, and blown off and wiped down with a microfiber towel. The poly is also applied with a horsehair brush ALWAYS applied following the grain. This is allowed to cure for 4 hours, then smoothed down with 0000 steel wool. Then again blown off and wiped down, then the final coat of poly is applied just as the first was but allowed to cure for 24 hours.

This is the method I used for the box in the picture I posted, it may not be the best method, however I have never been disappointed with the results.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Archived