Second Skin Audio

Sixth order ideas

I'm designing a sixth order box for my truck. Done a couple fourth orders and I have some cheap subs I want to build a sixth order to see how they sound. Is there any gain if the port from the box containing the subs goes into the larger portion of the box or should the port exit into the cabin? Kinda hard to explain but just trying to get some ideas

Are you trying to do a series-tuned or parallel-tuned 6th order?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I think he's trying to decide between parallel or series. Parallel 6th are easier to design

Didn't you do a whole write up on 6th orders a while back?

Yes I did, specifically on series-tuned 6th orders and why they are a pain in the ass.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Didn't you do a whole write up on 6th orders a while back?

Yes I did, specifically on series-tuned 6th orders and why they are a pain in the ass.

Maybe this guy needs the link lol

I'm designing a sixth order box for my truck. Done a couple fourth orders and I have some cheap subs I want to build a sixth order to see how they sound. Is there any gain if the port from the box containing the subs goes into the larger portion of the box or should the port exit into the cabin? Kinda hard to explain but just trying to get some ideas

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/199877-series-tuned-6th-order-bandpass-experiment/

Archived