Massivespl Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 No alt should cost $750 in the first place... Contact excessive amperage.. At most alt should be $550 for the largest alt he makes and you will be able to sell it for $400-450 in a year no problem c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
RooTxBeeR Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 It's your car, just be EXTREMELY careful when wiring below what the company says to wire to. You will void your warranty. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
RooTxBeeR Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 No alt should cost $750 in the first place... Contact excessive amperage.. At most alt should be $550 for the largest alt he makes and you will be able to sell it for $400-450 in a year no problem Then you havent seen custom fit 350+ amp alts before On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 No alt should cost $750 in the first place... Contact excessive amperage.. At most alt should be $550 for the largest alt he makes and you will be able to sell it for $400-450 in a year no problem I agree, but that's a 270a alt from singer, a 320A alt from mechman is over $900. Frankly tho I'd rather not spend stupid money to potentially run a system with 2 times the output that I have now if I can get a nicely noticeable output difference with what I have now with a few hundred dollars extra then I am okay with that.
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 It's your car, just be EXTREMELY careful when wiring below what the company says to wire to. You will void your warranty. And that's okay if I void the warranty, I just want to make sure I don't Blow it up by digging in the voltage to low, you know?
RooTxBeeR Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 If you blow it up by going to low a voltage, that will void the warranty. There are ways to tell if low voltage protection circuitry went bad due to to much use, I believe. So just be careful going under the impedance they say to not go under. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
mcfalcon Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 .5 will be brutal on voltage to be honest. You need another battery now or maybe just a new agm up front but I don't think adding 2 more will be enough. Edit : I read wrong. You don't really need anot her batt now. Still learning but have started gathering.
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 If you blow it up by going to low a voltage, that will void the warranty. There are ways to tell if low voltage protection circuitry went bad due to to much use, I believe. So just be careful going under the impedance they say to not go under. I have the chance to buy a couple new interstate agm batteries so Id hope to stay above 12.0 with those but do you happen to know If that generally is acceptable with amps? I can't find anything in the manuals.
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 .5 will be brutal on voltage to be honest. You need another battery now or maybe just a new agm up front but I don't think adding 2 more will be enough. Edit : I read wrong. You don't really need anot her batt now. So in your opinion a new agm with a matching agm in the back would be sufficient?
yurvalentine Posted February 18, 2016 Report Posted February 18, 2016 .5 will be brutal on voltage to be honest. You need another battery now or maybe just a new agm up front but I don't think adding 2 more will be enough. Edit : I read wrong. You don't really need anot her batt now. So in your opinion a new agm with a matching agm in the back would be sufficient? Only real way to be certain is to build an electrical system for the worst possible scenario. Sometimes you can get away with less, sometimes you won't.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.