Second Skin Audio

Trunk too small for 15's or am I good?

s5300

Trunk%20dimensions%201_zpsr6dlzspc.jpg

Trunk%20dimensions%202_zpss1ejlncu.jpg

Absolute minimum dimensions, there are some parts that can be taken out to give a bit more clearance.

I've been looking at some general box dimensions and it seems like I'd be cutting it real close for dual 15's (probably getting one to begin with)

Total trunk space is 15.8 cu FT if it means anything.

All input is appreciated, thanks.

2 12s. Unless you're ready to put in work to do the 15s right.

What do you mean by 'work'

If you just mean building any box I need to myself, that's good. If you mean taking the top of the trunk off, If I can, I will. Depth wise, there's about 2 more inches below that thick carpeting.

Tell me anything you can - I really want 15's, haha.

how good are your fabrication and wood working skills?

if you have only put together simple boxes never built a box in the car I would not attempt it

I would go 12's

why "do you really want 15"?

12's done right will kill 15's shoehorned in a trunk done wrong

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Ahh. Building in the trunk. Yeah, unfortunately I can't do that for this build. I also probably lack the skill to do it in a reasonable amount of time along with not getting really pissed. I also don't have too much of an in-disposable income if anything were to go wrong.

So - I should probably just go with 12's? What I had thought with 15's was facing them upward (lying horizontally instead of sitting up vertically) and having either a port in the middle or sides facing the seating, but that is also a little complex.

Archived