Second Skin Audio

2 Soundqubed Hds315s In A 96 Grand Marquis

CrunkJuice

Before i get my box built i just want to get a couple tips from you guys here first. Im about to get a box built for 2 hds315s for a 96 grand marquis and i was looking to get it tuned to 28hz i literally only play slowed down songs i hate highs. Is 28 low enough and will the subs take it nice? Also where should i have the subs/port facing i was thinking the subs and port facing up but i dunno what you guys think?

They will take it if you know how to work the volume knob. If you hear them complain then you are kicking their butt. This is lower than their Fs so be very careful playing below port tuning so they don't unload. Pay attention to the coil smell and back it off when you smell them. At this tuning, you will need to pull them out and inspect the spiders and tinsels sooner than normal. The HDC would be more in line for the beating.

Car with a trunk I am not sure. I have 2 HDS315 in 3.8 cubes each, tuned to 34hz and it kills "Bass I Love You". I was at a stoplight and I thought my truck had stalled from the feeling in the brake pedal. lol.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I have my three year old HDS312's in a 5.11ft^3 net enclosure tuned to 28hz, and have no issues playing down to 20hz without unloading (Windows and doors closed). Open the windows, unloading starts at 25hz

They're a really stiff woofer out of the box, and takes some time to loosen them up. But I love mine. I feed them their rated power.

Archived