Wiring SQ 2 HTC3 15 to Hifonics 2ch

I have two Soundqubed HTC3 15's that are dual 2 ohms. I also have a Hifonics Colossus Gen 3 amp that puts out 3000 watts rms at 2 ohms bridged or 1500 watts rms into 2 channels at 1 ohm. What would be the best way for me to wire the subs to the amp. I know I can do either or just trying to see what would produce the best performance.

Parallel the coils on each sub down to 1ohm. Then one sub per channel. Or you could parallel-series both subs to two ohms then wire to the amp bridged. Really doesn't matter. I'd personally do it the first way I suggested.

Parallel the coils on each sub down to 1ohm. Then one sub per channel. Or you could parallel-series both subs to two ohms then wire to the amp bridged. Really doesn't matter. I'd personally do it the first way I suggested.

I was thinking about the same thing running them 1500 watts RMS to each sub seem better.

I was thinking about the same thing running them 1500 watts RMS to each sub seem better.

You do realize that 1500 per channel to each sub is the exact same as 3000 bridged to one channel for two subs correct? either way you peel the apple, you're getting the same results.

2 ohms will put less stress on the amp and keep it cooler.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 ohms will put less stress on the amp and keep it cooler.

In this instance, i don't believe that matters. At 2ohms, the amp will be bridged and putting out the same power as if it weren't and each channel was wired to 1ohm, negating any effects that a higher resistance would have in efficiency.

You do realize that 1500 per channel to each sub is the exact same as 3000 bridged to one channel for two subs correct? either way you peel the apple, you're getting the same results.

Yea I know

Archived