Wil84 Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 I have two soundqubed HTC3 15's going in my suburban. I have a 5 ft vented box from atrend boxes that's build for my subs. Would my subs be louder facing up or back.
reedal Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 i believe for most SUV's the common consensus is subs up port back for loudest, and from there, move the enclosure forward and backwards from the rear hatch to find where it's loudest to you. PS, they don't have HTC's, just HDS and HDC. Sorry, it was bugging me a little SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Wil84 Posted February 24, 2016 Author Report Posted February 24, 2016 i believe for most SUV's the common consensus is subs up port back for loudest, and from there, move the enclosure forward and backwards from the rear hatch to find where it's loudest to you. PS, they don't have HTC's, just HDS and HDC. Sorry, it was bugging me a little Your right on the HDC lol. My port and subs face the same way.
3vil Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 Also you'll most likely get better output if you build, or have someone else build you a custom box for your application. Those prefab boxes are often to small and tuned to high.
Massivespl Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 5cubes for two 15s is wayyyy to small... You need a big box like this. c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
reedal Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 Agreed about the enclosure. I ran my HDS312's in a prefab that was 3.xx cubic feet for a few years, and just recently built an enclosure for them that comes out to 5.11 cubic feet net, tuned to 28hz, and the difference in output is night and day. I thought it was good with the prefab, not having experienced them in a custom, but after building my own, I won't do a prefab ever again SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
DubNDodge Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 5 ft cubed isn't really enough for the hdc3 12s... '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Wil84 Posted February 24, 2016 Author Report Posted February 24, 2016 I bout the atrend box because they build boxes for soundqubed. The box I have is 5 cube ft net and tuned to 40 Hz. But I bout it so I can beat now.
Wil84 Posted February 24, 2016 Author Report Posted February 24, 2016 When I do build a box I might get 2 more HDC3 15's. This time next year.
Massivespl Posted February 24, 2016 Report Posted February 24, 2016 I bout the atrend box because they build boxes for soundqubed. The box I have is 5 cube ft net and tuned to 40 Hz. But I bout it so I can beat now. Take one sub out and plug the hole and it will prly be louder with just one woofer in 5cubes then two being suffocated. c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.