4x6's or 4"?

Mr DeeBeez

I have infinity reference coaxials in the front doors. I also have some cheap shitty Walmart 4x6's in the dash because someone just gave them to me.

They help a lot, but they are just very shitty that they are pretty quiet and the sound quality is shit. They are also on hu power while the doors are on an amp, so they can't really compete with the doors. So I figured if I got some nice 4x6's or a mid bass driver in the dash and run both the doors and dash on an amp, that it would sound a lot better.

And as far as doing just tweets in the dash, I think that may be too harsh, but to be honest, I've only ever had coax speakers, never added just tweets before.

A legit component set on some good power, would sound great compared to what you have. I remember going from some kenwood coaxials on HU power to entry level rf components on a 4 channel amp, holy shit was it a complete day and night difference. Lmao, it was more like the darkness of the bottom of the ocean compared to being a few miles away from the sun difference.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have infinity reference coaxials in the front doors. I also have some cheap shitty Walmart 4x6's in the dash because someone just gave them to me.

They help a lot, but they are just very shitty that they are pretty quiet and the sound quality is shit. They are also on hu power while the doors are on an amp, so they can't really compete with the doors. So I figured if I got some nice 4x6's or a mid bass driver in the dash and run both the doors and dash on an amp, that it would sound a lot better.

And as far as doing just tweets in the dash, I think that may be too harsh, but to be honest, I've only ever had coax speakers, never added just tweets before.

A legit component set on some good power, would sound great compared to what you have. I remember going from some kenwood coaxials on HU power to entry level rf components on a 4 channel amp, holy shit was it a complete day and night difference. Lmao, it was more like the darkness of the bottom of the ocean compared to being a few miles away from the sun difference.

Amped speakers will ALWAYS sound better then HU powered ones even with shitty amps and shitty speakers vs nice sets off hu power

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Rather than putting mismatched coax on top of coax, make a game plan for the whole front stage.

I'd look at a 6-4-1 or 6-3-1 threeway component set that is actually designed to be used together rather than hoping for the best from throwing together random gear. One large two channel amp and once you are happy with placement and imaging you're done.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived