Jump to content

4x6's or 4"?


Mr DeeBeez

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2001 blazer and I m looking at putting in some speakers in the stock dash location. The stock size is 4x6.

My question is, would I be better off using an adapter and using a 4" speaker? Or is there a quality 4x6 you would recommend?

They will be powered by a soundqubed 90.4

Looking for any suggestions because I have not dealt with speakers this small before.

Budget is about 100 for the pair

Thanks in advance!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Posted

bust out the fiberglass and do a 4 tweet combo even a wood plate cut to the big ass speaker grill size in the blazer

Be easy one to build some me pods on...good idea

Posted

I ran these in my Jeep and liked them alot. _35.jpg Before these were a pair of pioneer 3 ways but I didn't care for the harshness they had.

Posted

look at Madison Sound also Parts Express has some nice Morel 4 inch mids that handle150 watts. I would use a 4 inch mid anyday over a 4x6. A 3 inch mid would work also. Look at Hertz MP.70.3'

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

bust out the fiberglass and do a 4 tweet combo even a wood plate cut to the big ass speaker grill size in the blazer

Be easy one to build some me pods on...good idea

Kimo has it done on his blazer was super simple to make

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Posted

Thank you for all of your help. The hertz speakers look really nice, but can't really find where to buy them to look at prices.

If I had the hertz mid range on the dash, and infinity reference 6.5's in the doors, do you think they would go well together? Or would you recommend a tweeter as well.

The 6.5's are pretty crisp already so I think I should be good, just want some input.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1025 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...