Integrating Audiocontrol EQS into setup

Markous

So i love my iphone as my headunit but i would like to be able to tune the sound to my liking and the preset eq's that apple are shite, unless your using cheap little BT speakers then the bass reducer setting works great!

Right now i have the iphone hooked up to a 12v iStreamer then that provides a single channel input to the Audiocontol Matrix which splits it into three channels then out to my two amplifiers.

Anyone know if the EQS has the same internal jumpers to link the rear & sub channels together (like the Matrix) when using a single input?

I'm ok with using the matrix to feed the eqs three channels of input but if i can remove the matrix and use the eqs by itself that would help simplify this springs system revision.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions anyone may be able to provide

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Been a week since i started this topic and no replies yet (just bumps from me) I would really like some thoughts and or opinions before i go dropping $360 canuck bucks on something there might be a better alternative to.

Unless the silence is a "what are you waiting for, do it already!" kinda thing.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

I've been doing a bit of research myself, looks like it's Matrix and EQS together for what i need.

I just wish the outputs of the matrix matched up to the inputs of the eqs but they are the opposite.

The matrix is front, rear & sub and the eqs is sub, rear & front (as seen from top down)

Didn't want to have RCA'S crossing over each other.

• 6 months later...

Question about the signal i'm feeding the EQS,

Should the EQ built into whatever apple idevice (in music settings) i plug into the istreamer be set with it off or flat?

I wouldn't waste my money on an external EQ. However, I do like Audio Control products.

I'd spend my money on a really stacked up headunit with all of the features you need. Just Saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I wouldn't waste my money on an external EQ. However, I do like Audio Control products.

I'd spend my money on a really stacked up headunit with all of the features you need. Just Saying

I'd would be aiming in that direction but like having the iphone/istreamer act as the headunit, hopefully it gets a mini upgrade in the spring.

I don't have cable so the old sirius boombox gets alot of play and keeps me up to date wth is hip & cool, you know the stuff the kids boom on there crazy bass stereo's.

So i don't even miss radio, satellite or terrestrial in my vehicle.

Archived