Pioneer AVH-X4700BS reboots then quits working

Installed in my son's car about Last July or August. Unit was brand new. Apparently it started rebooting frequently after a few months of normal use, then it progressed to a blank display and no lights on buttons. Now buttons are illuminated, but no display. Pioneer says it's because the weather turned cold, but it doesn't matter how warm you get the interior of the car, it won't come back to life. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

I had a Kenwood do something similar and it was because I had put some corrupted files on my flash drive I use for music. I reformatted the drive and and put the music back that was there before i put the new files on and it fixed my issue.

Not sure its your situation as mine didn't blank out but rebooted every 10 seconds.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Installed in my son's car about Last July or August. Unit was brand new. Apparently it started rebooting frequently after a few months of normal use, then it progressed to a blank display and no lights on buttons. Now buttons are illuminated, but no display. Pioneer says it's because the weather turned cold, but it doesn't matter how warm you get the interior of the car, it won't come back to life. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

That BS. I have the AVH-X4800BS and live in northern NY where it get's pretty damn cold and this doesn't happen to me. I would just try to reset the headunit back to factory setting or try to load the previous saved settings.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/899365/Pioneer-Avh-X5700bhs.html?page=6#manual

Try unhooking the battery for a min or hitting the reset button on the device.

Gravlin216, I was wondering if other models were doing this. Do a little googling and you'll find others who are experiencing the same problem, and at least a few of them were told the same thing by Pioneer customer service. I couldn't agree more that it's bs, who in their right mind would make a car stereo that won't tolerate cold weather? We unhooked the battery with no luck, not sure the 4700 has a reset button?

I had a similar issue with my 80prs during the winter. I redid my ground for the HU and the issue stopped. Might want to try that.

I had a similar issue with my 80prs during the winter. I redid my ground for the HU and the issue stopped. Might want to try that.

Interesting....I assume that you weren't having problems before winter? Can't hurt to check it out.
Nope. No issues until December, then every time I would turn it on, I'd have to reset the clock and other things on the main menu. Luckily, all my crossover points, T/A, and other settings for the speakers were saved. But it was rebooting itself every time until I messed with my grounding point. Apparently the factory radio ground wasn't good enough for the PAC adapter module and the 80prs during the cold

Edit: by that I mean, the factory ground connected to the PAC, and then the PAC had another ground lead for the after market HU to connect to

Interesting....I assume that you weren't having problems before winter? Can't hurt to check it out.

Nope. No issues until December, then every time I would turn it on, I'd have to reset the clock and other things on the main menu. Luckily, all my crossover points, T/A, and other settings for the speakers were saved. But it was rebooting itself every time until I messed with my grounding point. Apparently the factory radio ground wasn't good enough for the PAC adapter module and the 80prs during the cold

Not trying to thread jack, in for info. So you had a separate interface from PAC to wire the HU to the car? I have a lan-9 interface in mine. Good to point out.Did the OP have any other things in between?

Archived