Second Skin Audio

how many 6 inch ports in a 12 cubed box

CstrokerV

im thinking about my port for my box so when it stays warm i can start building again i was thinking about going 6 inch ports wondering how many should i use the box is going to be tuned to 35hz and powered with 4800 watts... just be pvc won't be the aero ports

Will you ever run more than 4800 watts? Like Joe X said, we need to know what type and how many subs you will be running.

You are probably looking at using at least four 6" ports. Once you have to start using more than about two round ports, their advantages over slot ports start to go away FYI.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

4500 in 8 subs looks like 560W per driver, seems to me that you are missing a lot on driver's potential, if you ran rated to the subs something like 6 6" would do it but even if using PVC you should do some flaring to them.

well they where m1s only rated at 600 rms when i got the amps now they have m2 soft parts so i guess they take them up to the 900rms ... and ill see about flaring.. i was going to do two 20 X 2.5 slot ports thoughts on that?

Archived