PinkFreud65 Posted March 11, 2016 Report Posted March 11, 2016 I have a 06 Mazda 3i sedan. I am looking for a HU for, (preferably) under $250-300 or you know, less? I was shown a Sony MEX-xb100tb. It sounded good, and was right under $200. But I've never been to keen on Sony! I don't know if there is something that will do what I want in my price range. I want something that will power my doors; Image Dynamics Components (ctx65) up front, and coaxial in the back, without a 4 channel amp. Can this be done in my price range? I'd say, 80w/channel? Let me know what my options are, please! PF
Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted March 11, 2016 Report Posted March 11, 2016 there is a sony head unit that has a small amp that goes with it, but its only pushing 60watts. your going to need to find a 4 channel amp if you want something to be pushing that much. or buy a power pack. its 50watts to the speakers. little more then just the HU. look into west coast customs 1600.4 amp its cheap and it does what it does.
MotorCityFats13 Posted March 11, 2016 Report Posted March 11, 2016 all HU's put out about 20watts rms except for the sony in the last post.... pretty much leads to always running amps to the doors.... i been doing it since 1996 when I figured out HU power blows!... you can get tons of single din units that have plane jane options for around $99 with bluetooth leaving the other $200 fora 4ch amp.... and as for sony I would never put their HU's down those have always been pretty solid in my opinion just avoid the explode walmart brands.... plus if you run an amp you really only need to worry about preamp voltage and minor options... now if you want time alignment and full control price goes up
PinkFreud65 Posted March 11, 2016 Author Report Posted March 11, 2016 I'm just looking for something with clean signals throughout. Single din, and enough options for mids, highs, and a sub. Lol
MotorCityFats13 Posted March 12, 2016 Report Posted March 12, 2016 mids highs and a sub so you are looking for a fully active option with built in x-overs and high voltage preouts... pioneer DEH-80PRS $290
bassman619 Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 Pioneer has one with buletooth for 160 or so You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Skullz Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 The most important thing you want in a H/U is a volume knob, you learn to appreciate one when you don't have one. All other options are personal preferences really, as your needs will vary, but always look to the future in event you ever upgrade, and get something that will fill your needs for today and tomorrow. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
RainStryke Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 You won't be finding any in dash head unit that offers 80w per channel... Especially in that price range. I would check out one of these: Alpine CDE-164BT, Clarion CZ702, Kenwood KDC-X700, Pioneer DEH-80PRS or DEH-X9600BHS are a few i'd check into though. I would definitely add an amplifier though.
audiofanaticz Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 The sony he said claims 100w by 4 at 4ohm, however that is a PEAK wattage rating, and the rms rating is only 40watts by 4 at 4ohm. A dedicated amp for the components is still the best way to go imo. Even if you buy a used one from someone locally, online, or something like craiglist I feel it would be a better option than deck power. Can usually find decent used 4channels fairly cheap.
RainStryke Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 According to the manual PDF of that Sony, it does 40w RMS per channel. Page 25 https://docs.sony.com/release//MEXXB100BT_EN_FR.pdf
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.