Sundown Audio

Funny smell.

Bassessquared

When I'm play my system a funny smell comes from it. I'm running a soundqubed hds315 and a audiopipe apcl1500.1. The amp doesn't get hot and nor does anything else that I can physically touch. I have 0gauge OFC ran everywhere from front to back. I also have 10gauge single strand speaker wire from the amp to the sub. I'm running at 1ohm. I have blew a sub before and know the smell. This smell is kinda like leather I guess that's the only thing I can say it kinda smells like

I am running a pair of HDS315s and sometimes I can smell them. The smell is not like burnt wire but maybe the epoxy. I have learned not to do this and maybe the will not die any time soon. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

No it's never been hot I've checked that several times. The sub has only been playing for about 6 weeks maybe 7. I have my gain just a hair over 1/4. Bass boost is zero and everything on the deck is flat. I serious doubt it's clipping/distorting. My volume on my deck goes to 62 but I only listen to it around 30-40. My deck distorts around 50 depending on song and type of music I'm listing to. I just don't get what the smell is

No it's never been hot I've checked that several times. The sub has only been playing for about 6 weeks maybe 7. I have my gain just a hair over 1/4. Bass boost is zero and everything on the deck is flat. I serious doubt it's clipping/distorting. My volume on my deck goes to 62 but I only listen to it around 30-40. My deck distorts around 50 depending on song and type of music I'm listing to. I just don't get what the smell is

thank you for letting us know where you have your gains set.... I can now go to bed in peace... LOL

audiopipe is known for putting out some pretty dirty power only a dd-1 or o'scope will show you this... gain guessing at a 1/4 turn is doing nothing information wise, not like we know what your pre-out voltages are....

New subs give off fumes when the glue burns off and audio pipe puts out dirty power. I was getting stinky coil with my Soundstream amp switched to my IA 10.1 and I get zero smell from my coils when I crank it past 50 with my other amp I smelled coil anytime I went above 47

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived