Batteries and Amperage

I just had a quick question regarding batteries and amperage, now to my understanding a car's alternator uses amperage charge the batteries but the amplifier receives its amperage from the batteries, so my question is how do you know how much amperage is coming from the batteries without using a clamp? Do you go based off of the amp hours rating of the battery and add the amount of amperage coming from the alternator or what? I just want to make sure that I have an idea of the amount of amperage I would be sending to my amp.

Your amp is only gonna pull what it needs... There are so many variables its not the same for every amp. One 1500 watt amp might need 40 amps to produce 1500 and another might need 60 amps. Amp efficiency is different for everyone. Plus ur load demand changes every second when ur listening to music because your power is alternating.

The amp will only pull the amperage it needs to make X amount of power at X frequency with X impedance. And no, the alternator is always the first source of amperage, and once that is depleted you will then draw from the batteries.

actually it gets energy from the batteries first then the alternators kicks in.. there is a lag from the alternator that's why we have light deeming. i think people really dont know where the amp draws from first but alternators are needed to keep the batteries fresh and to keep up with the extra demand..

i see it as amps draws from batteries, alternators kicks in and produces the amperage the batteries need + the excess the amps are drawing

Archived