Y no DD love on this site

yes but not in a daily scenario. Like stated above the DD Z was built to be an SPL oriented monster. It can take gobs of power, given proper implementation, for a short period of time. DD rates the Z as 2000rms. they dont say it on their sight but if you call and ask theyll tell you.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

yes but not in a daily scenario. Like stated above the DD Z was built to be an SPL oriented monster. It can take gobs of power, given proper implementation, for a short period of time. DD rates the Z as 2000rms. they dont say it on their sight but if you call and ask theyll tell you.

. I respect your answer I never heard an FI sub where I live u don't see them so I have no opinion on them just noticed a lot of people run them here so I know they have to be good all I've heard are DD ,Sundown , skar , soundqubed , AA and the mainstream JL shit.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I love DD amps never heard the subs its all priced high tho

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

i didnt mean for my answer to sound negative about DD, i personally like DD, i run there amps all day and they are beasts and id trust their subs just as much. I have a 1510 in my 84 blazer that sounds really nice. Also AA's subs are OEM'ed by Fi so if youve heard AA youve heard what Fi can do. Most people on here are trying to get stupid loud with lots of subs and just cant justify,or afford to pay those prices for 6 or 8 subs.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

. The 9900 series are ratted at 2500 RMS that can't be right for the Z to be 2k RMS

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

AA is insane if there the same as FI I got a lot of respect for FI. I understand about DD prices even the dealer said he was pissed about the prices going up.

the 9900s are a 4in coil which makes all the difference when it comes to thermal capacity in a daily, consistent, scenario. A 4" VC has around 100% more surface area over a 3" coil, it just weights a lot more. Thats why the Z is a 3" VC, lighter moving mass, and doesnt need a crazy amount of thermal handling since it should only see crazy power for a short burst.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

the 9900s are a 4in coil which makes all the difference when it comes to thermal capacity in a daily, consistent, scenario. A 4" VC has around 100% more surface area over a 3" coil, it just weights a lot more. Thats why the Z is a 3" VC, lighter moving mass, and doesnt need a crazy amount of thermal handling since it should only see crazy power for a short burst.

. I didn't even know the Z,s have 3inch coils wtf my shitty DD slim line 10's have 3 inch coils that blows.

haha theres still differences in 3"coils, yours are probably single voice coil, and if theyre double they are probably single layer, the Z's would probably be double, or even quad layer VC, so 4 or 8 layers of wire compared to 2 in a single layer. plus the coating used can make a big difference, and the gauge of wire.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived